Likes Likes:  2,283
Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    Not insensitive at all. I don't know what is easier really sadness just bubbles up and i try to use anger to keep it away. Anxiety i cannot seem to get it under control it just escalates so fast sometimes and the fear comes i think because i cannot get that control back i just can't. so i guess sadness for me is sometimes better then anxiety.
    Iím sorry all this has happened in your life, all these hard things going on with your daughterís mental health treatment (or rather lack thereof) and then your mom passed away.

Have you had time to see your doctor/psychiatrist or psychologist? Or are you pretty savvy on how to manage your anxiety in other ways? I mean for the anxiety, specifically.

Of course itís normal to feel everything else (sadness, anger, even some anxiety is normal, etc). I donít know what would happen if I was in your shoes, hon. You somehow can step up when things are so so hard. And I sure hope you also remember to take care of yourself as best you can during this time.

Hereís a symbol of rebirth: it reminds me of you because you keep rising from the ashes, FMN.

Sent from my Hollycopter using SlappaSquawk
    (Formerly JollyGreenJellyBean)

My dog is a human whisperer.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She reminds me of Rocky in a way; Keeps taking a beating but keeps getting back up. She's a survivor and a lot stronger than she thinks.

And no matter how rough things are going in her life she always has the time to come and lift someone up.

A truly inspiring lady
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 - Decided I wasn't changing my winter to summer wheels myself since I haven't been feeling great lately. No sense risking injury to save money.

2 - called a few places for prices.
    Booked at Canadian Tire in Steinbach Friday afternon. Comes to about 42$ with fees and taxes

3 - Booked there they were bit cheaper and I can finally use my 18$ of CT money for something. So should cost me under 25$. We have a small flat buggy here so I can haul them to the car and back into the storage without too much lifting and straining.

Weird I never go there anymore. I guess not buying tools anymore helps keep me away. Last time was last october when I bought the storage shelves and the wheel covers to store them inside. Of course both were on sale. I do like their order and pickup thing saves trying to find an item or trying to find somone to help find an item and no worries about it not being in stock as you get an email with confirmation when it's ready to pick up at the service counter.

Oh and I also went for my free oil change end of October. Maybe I'll be lucky again and get another free oil change coupon this fall. I don't even make it to the 5000km mark once I reach the end of the year. I bet if I put some of that long life synthetic oil in it. the car would probably be dead before I needed another oil change Actually might have to check in on that...
    ​"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." ~ Walter Winchell

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Daughter got to volunteer at wildlife reserve today I drove her there and back she fed baby rabbits she was so happy today

Made twin some homemade spaghetti as she finds it hard now to do cooking for herself over stove. I made enough for her to last awhile

Been on the go since 4am spoke with Daughters mental health team and got an appt booked with her gp and took her to get all the blood work she was ordered last week and got her immunizations up to date. but everything got done. Going to let hsb make supper tonight im tired.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GaryQ View Post
    She reminds me of Rocky in a way; Keeps taking a beating but keeps getting back up. She's a survivor and a lot stronger than she thinks.

And no matter how rough things are going in her life she always has the time to come and lift someone up.

A truly inspiring lady
    Also like Timex! Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Yes, FMN, I know it probably doesnít feel like you are, but you are. Which is why you should take care of yourself every chance you get!

Youíre one of those loving people who have to stay strong too long. We got your back.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh dear i am worried now girl has to get police check for vulnerabilty it says it can include any dealings with police ugggggggg because of her mental health there has been many many dealings with them and they have not been kind so i am afraid she will loose this volunteer job uggg something that has brought so much joy to her will now be probably taken away. dam
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes it's sad how they go to extremes with volunteer selections. But, Unless she has an actual criminal record for anything then the report should be blank. They shouldn't be allowed to ask for anything else than a criminal record check or a child abuse registry check and only under cirtain circumstances and run-ins with the cops for mental issues are not criminal records unless charged and found guilty by a court of law.

Keep up posted how that goes please!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Daughter got to volunteer at wildlife reserve today I drove her there and back she fed baby rabbits she was so happy today

Made twin some homemade spaghetti as she finds it hard now to do cooking for herself over stove. I made enough for her to last awhile

Been on the go since 4am spoke with Daughters mental health team and got an appt booked with her gp and took her to get all the blood work she was ordered last week and got her immunizations up to date. but everything got done. Going to let hsb make supper tonight im tired.
    Maybe write down a daily log of everything you do and throw it at whomever dares to once again says you do nothing all day. Sheesh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Another car flashed their headlights to let us know something was wrong further down the highway. (Bunch of freerange cows in the middle of the road after a curve.)

2. Flowers on cacti.

3. My dogs experienced the luxury of fresh, "human-grade" dog food delivered by Fedex on dry ice. (Was half off for first delivery, so had to cancel after that. But will make more fresh food for them from now on.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daughter got to volunteer at wildlife reserve today I drove her there and back she fed baby rabbits she was so happy today...

Going to let hsb make supper tonight im tired.
    Oh, good for you! Iím glad your husband treated you to some supper! Sounds like a sweetheart.

Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast