Likes Likes:  445
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

twin called hospital for me told daughter to call me

daughter is doing ok they are not mistreating her trying to get her stable again

staying in today staying quiet keeping warm by fire
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha thanks Gary, yeah it's not something I'll be too quick to share with my colleagues. I would have done a better job attaching it if the water hadn't been too hot to permit much hesitation, and if I wasn't standing in the airspace of a pair of (non aggressive but I didn't want to try their patience) hornets.

It's just a regular electric hot water system/storage unit, but was the original one that was installed when the apartments were built. It did supply somewhat excessively hot water.

Glad to hear that your daughter is doing ok fmn.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 -FMN Happy to hear she’s safe and being treated OK and that you’re staying warm by the fire.

2 - Gooblax- Aggressively hot you say? The Canadaiam standard is set at 60c (140F) has been the cause of alarm and debate for a long time because an adult can get 3rd degree burns in 6 seconds and a small child in 1 second at the recommended temp. The problem is that the bacteria that causes legionnaire’s disease proliferates agréssively under 60c

3 - I’m pretty sure of 3 things about that “monster”
    - it’s most likely not a standard how water tank and most likely a hot water boiler for heating purposes
    - the cost to Use that thing as a hot water tank must have been as insane as the risk of causing serious harm
    - I’m happy that it finally died and hopefully will be replaced with a more economical and safer alternative. Hot water ranks have a 7 to 10 year life expectancy if I recall correctly.

BONUS: I’m glad you were never seriously scalded because of that thing!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the manual it says that they recommend setting the thermostat to the minimum (60C) and installing a temp limiting device as well.
    Plumber hasn't come around yet - it's only early afternoon. I think he's hoping to get away with just replacing some valves but we'll see. I probably need both a new valve and new system.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the manual; "Interesting" heat transfer system. Works like an on demand electric heater but keeps the reservoir at almost boiling temps. Oh well... different countries different gizmos.

For the sake of curiosity gooblax; what's the date of manufacture printed on the tank? Or has the plumber already hauled it off to the museum

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to check. He hasn't come yet, and I'm busy avoiding my neighbour who will no doubt have 30mins of b.s. to unload onto me about the water bill because it's still leaking (as she helpfully re-informed me last night).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Listened to a song to put me in a slightly better mood this morning.
    2. Email is down at work for the moment so I don't have to do any liaising stuff yet.
    3. I still have a relatively low-brainpower task to complete today.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Went for a walk yesterday.
    2. Put sunscreen on so I wouldn't get burnt (even though sunscreen feels disgusting).
    3. Saw @Daniel 's cruise ship (not really, unless he happened to come to Australia, to this specific location lol)

IMG_20190120_152320.jpg

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Had a great time on my cruise and got lots of exercise taking the stairs all the time.

2. No one on the ship seemed to get norovirus (though many people including myself got a cold at the final stretch).

3. My favorite ports were in Mexico, so already looking forward to taking a road trip to Mexico (in the safety corridor) with my husband and our dogs for our next vacation.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grateful for kind security guard treated my girl and me with respect
    grateful snow has stopped some tired of shoveling it
    grateful it is warming up a bit tired of being cold 53 degree house sucks big time up to 62 now in house
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast