Likes Likes:  106
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

Tires and poultry:

1. I got 4 new tires for my aging sports sedan (so I can wear them out again on the 100+ mountain curves to town -- as featured in a car magazine as a cool ride!).
    2. My hen who broke her wing recovered completely after first aid and two weeks of partial isolation.
    3. My husband's tire was fixed for free.
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - I woke up this morning. Hence was still alive
    2 - Drove to Winnipeg to see my doc raining all the way there and snow storm started when I got to the city
    3 - Drove home in a snow storm and made it home safely Hence I'm still alive

P.S. Can someone let Mother Nature know it's only OCTOBER 3rd today? Sheesh

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't go to work the few times it snows. Or drive like it's the year 1900. Even with all wheel drive, I have done a 180 in the snow/ice...on the side of a mountain...with no guardrails
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.” ~ Rumi

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe I remember my first 1080 on the snow coming off the Mercier Bridge going towards Kahnawake in Quebec way back in my first winter snow drive while working delivery. Stopped right on the side of the ditch headed in the right direction. I was so dizzy from the spinning I didn't know where I was after I finally stopped spinning. Ahh, the good old days. I learned to drive in all conditions, in snow, one day had to learn to drive a standard shift with 10 minutes practice while working delivery at supper time! Woohoo! Best job I ever had

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a child, I'm sure your swings were made with snow tires.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. So glad the summer is over. (Even the chickens love cold weather compared to warm weather.)
    2. Love GotFreeFax.com. Used its free service to send my insurance info to my dentist. (Works in Canada too. Found out about it at Psychlinks years ago.)
    3. Not living paycheck to paycheck this month! (And got a new mobile phone on clearance for only $35 at Walmart.)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Outsourced the stressful job of nail trimming for most of our dogs (letting the vet techs do it due to black nails, etc).
    2. Less than a month left of political ads on TV.
    3. Only paying $25 a therapy session with an intern who seems like a better-than-average psychologist.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 - Montreal Canadiens won again last night

2 - Was 10 C and sunny here in south eastern Manitoba at noon

3 - A picture (or a screen snapshot from a few minutes ago 2:30 CDT) is worth a 1000 words

Capture.PNG

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 My girl is doing better
    2 Was able to get to my psychologist appt. even though i did not sleep most night
    3 New granddaughter will be born tomorrow i will have 4 granddaughters and one grandson My sons children.
    Words always stay inside ones soul

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Saved a lot of $$$ at the dollar store, which makes Walmart look expensive.
    2. Socializing more at work.
    3. Holding a cell phone while driving is finally being banned in my area.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast