More threads by Peanut

Peanut

Here is a place where we can practice positive psychology. I was hoping that we could all regularly contribute 3 things that happened to us each day (or as regularly as you can) that made us feel good. The goal is not to analyze them or evaluate them, just to write them down and acknowledge them.

So, today, my three things were:

1. A friend from out of state called me to say hi
2. I came on this forum and saw lots of positive messages
3. I heard from a family I used to work with who wanted to reconnect

Wow, I think that really did help. I hope people do theirs too, I think it'd be awesome to keep this thread going. :heart:

Mari

MVP
Re: 3 Positive Things

H! Arose. I have not had a chance to read about positive psychology but I like your idea - I need all the help I can get. It is very hard for me to think of three things because the best I have are my three sons and if you have read my posts then you know that my middle son died when he was just nineteen. Now I am starting to cry again so they will be my 3 good things tonight by initials. 1-FM:heart: 2-MP:heart: 3-DJ:heart: Mari

sunset

Ok, I'll give it a whirl....

1. I had a chat with my nephew today and told him if he ever needed anything he could come to me.

2. I am healthy and thankful for it.

3. Its summetime and hot out! (Love it like this)

Holly

Ok I will try this also,
1. I helped my friend with insurance registration.
2. I posted this, lol, trying.
3. I will go and enjoy the sunny day outside. Chat later
Take care everyone

Peanut

Awesome guys! Thanks!

Here are mine for today...

1. told the truth even though it wasn't the easiest route to go
2. Felt like I did a good job at work today
3. Told somebody how much they meant to me and how much I valued their work.

:heart::heart: (Mari's got me loving these hearts!!)

Mari

MVP

H! Very tired but will post. Hope to hear from Sethor.

1 - had tea at the park
2 - posted results of 'Do I need therapy?'
3 - the positive posts from others made me smile

I like the hearts because they are red and they represent love.:sleepy:Mari :heart:

Peanut

Mari, those are great! Thanks for doing this with me! I think it's actually helping me. I'm not the type to write in a journal so this is helpful in showing me how it might be beneficial. I also like yours because they are so natural and they make me happy reading them.

Mine today are
1. I heard some great songs on the radio during my commute
2. When I got to work there was a little gift pack (with some hand sanitizer!)and a lovely note saying that I had brought some real calmness to the workplace (which meant a tremendous amount to me)
3. My grades came in
4. Read some really peaceful posts on this forum

OK, I had to stick a 4th on here! :heart:

Mari

MVP

Arose - your responses seem so positive and kind I am almost surprised that you want/need to follow through with this. So far I am finding it helpful.

1 - I went grocery shopping by myself
2 - I let a woman with just a cake go ahead of me in line
3 - I always find a third thing hard so I will accept your four for my two

Lots of :heart:'s Mari

Peanut

Mari I am really glad you are finding it helpful because I am too. Being positive is something I have to work at very hard sometimes. Until this I couldn't muster up the drive to do this exercise by myself. Today I can't think of hardly anything to put down though. I liked your grocery line one, that is one good deed that always leaves such a good feeling, a good reminder to do it more often (and a bad reminder of the time I flipped out when someone got in front of me in line...) so anyway, I am reaching for my 3 things today...

1. sun was out
2. I read two pages in a study manual I had been putting off
3. A parent told me her child had gained a lot from our school's therapy program and that she was 100% behind the therapy
:)

Mari

MVP

Arose - I had such a bad day that I decided not to do this but you have inspired me to try.

1 - my car is red
2 - I sang instead of counting
3 - there is a cool breeze this evening

:dimples: What does dimples represent?

Peanut

I glad you did it Mari because I had a bad day but you inspired me too.

I think dimples means that you're cute!!

Mari

MVP

H! :dimples: 'I think dimples means that you're cute!!' I like that and thank-you.

1 - I ate an ice-cream cone
2 - the rabbits are still eating the grass
3 - I looked up pathetic in the dictionary

pathetic - distressingly inadequate / affecting or moving tender emotions. :heart: Mari

Peanut

Hey Mari! Thanks for keeping this going, honestly I felt like crap today and your post provided me incentive to focus on the good things:dimples: which is what this is all about!
1. Went out with a really old friend
2. A kid asked when he could play with me
3. Went out with coworkers after work and made some new friends

I love you Mari....you're awesome!!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Mari

MVP

H! :heart: This will be a three in one post because I am not feeling positive at all.

I have neglected the garden because I have lost the joy in it but it looks so bad I forced myself to do a bit of weeding and watering and I planted some seeds in a window box that I will put out front. The front is terribly overgrown which is embarassing knowing that is what everyone sees. I will try to work on that tomorrow. :eek:

Peanut

Hey, I bet it will be pretty when the seeds grow Mari! I hope you're feeling better. Plus, don't be embarrassed because I think most of the time people are so focused on their own "weeds" they don't even have time to notice other people's. But on the other hand, when someone has pretty flowers, they might notice how beautiful they are! :)

So I actually have one big huge thing that has been positive for me, and it gave rise to another positive thing...
1. quit smoking
2. my running was MUCH more enjoyable knowing that I was not undercutting my efforts to get healthy
3. I went out with my ex and had a nice time so I think we'll be able to have a good relationship in the future

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Mari, that most likely indicates that the photo you are trying to upload is too large. You'll have to size it down.

If you don't have a program to do that, you can download Irfanview for free.

sunset

Ok... 3 more.

1. I chased down a receipt in the Toys r us parking lot for an elderly lady. (My sister was laughing at me, and it was funny, but I got it!)

2. I cleaned and vacuumed for my mother.

3. I am going to "share" the baby when she gets here...

Peanut

Right on sunset, those are really great things! That's super nice of you to get that receipt for that woman--I bet she really appreciated it! It probably made her list of positive things too! Now I'm anxious to see the baby (will be a photo?) and I'm also looking forward to Mari resizing her picture! I think pictures will be a wonderful addition to this thread! Great thinking!!

I think I have two things today...
1. A little boy hugged me when I left his house today
2. Another little boy started saying some words and named like 10 different things!!!!
(these boys are both on the autism spectrum so this is partially why these are big deals for us!)
It was truly a rewarding day in that respect :heart:

Looking forward to seeing your guys' pictures!!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.