More threads by y-bloc

y-bloc

1. I saw an old friend I have neglected for almost a year and had a wonderful
time catching up with her over salad and sweet potato pie.
2. I weeded the tomatoes, pumpkins and onions, and decided that they look
great.
3. I had 'scale day' and wasn't disappointed by the numbers.
...and that all in a day!!!

Fiver

Re: 3 Positive Things

That was indeed a good day, y-b.

Okay, I think I really need to do this one today to break the negative thought cycle I'm locked into right now...

1. My mood has nosedived since having my first relatively good headspace a few days ago. It's rough right now and I'm disappointed in myself. BUT -- I did experience good feelings two days ago, and this means that there's been some improvement. There will be more good days to come. This is a positive thing.

2. I'm spending a few days with good friends who understand what I'm dealing with and their support has been incredibly wonderful.

3. Okay...give me a minute. Having trouble coming up with a third positive...

Got one. Although I'm on a leave of absence from work and short term disability pays only 60% of my part-time job (I cut back when I started school last January,) the union is paying the premium for my health insurance. Without insurance I wouldn't have had access to the psych hospital or an extremely competent therapist, and I'd probably be either horribly incapacitated by MDD and PTSD or I'd be dead by now. I am neither. And slowly I will continue to make progress because I have access to the services I desperately need.

Sorry, that wasn't very cheerful for being positive things. But they're pretty important ones today.

ladylore

Account Closed

You wrote 4 Fiver. The fourth being posting here to stop the negative thought cycle.:2thumbs:

Trust

Hey everyone!

1. I am reading so many messages on these boards that display the truth of resilience of our shared human spirit which I love to see! It makes me feel grateful that so many people share these experiences even when it may be difficult to do so - no - especially when it is difficult to do so! I admire these qualities immensely and find much inspiration here from so many of you fine folks!

2. I have done little productive in practical terms today - but I'm absolutely feeling okay about that - and generally I would be feeling that I "should" have done more. Sometimes taking a break and just being is good enough.

3. I am reconnecting with my ability to feel compassion for myself and my mom which is the reason I joined this site. I like who I am today and feeling more hopeful for the future that I can maintain a healthier balance in my relationships as I continue to grow. The answers for me seem so simple it amazes me that I did not reach out sooner because I have found such strength and determination within since being here with you all. It is a good choice for me because I am realizing that I don't need to "fix" my mom, I just needed and need a place to express my feelings so I could get them out into the open without feeling judged or misunderstood. I like that I am feeling that I don't have to spiral down into blaming my mom or anyone else for how I feel about anything. Truly I cannot thank you all enough for giving me this very special and positive place to share. :thankyou2::thankyou2::thankyou2:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Hey everyone - hope you are all having a good day so far!

1. I was able to have a very good discussion with my daughter and offer her support, and she accepted and appreciated my help which I was able to give without making her feel less capable. That's sometimes a fine line to walk with moms and daughters and I am happy when that happens. It is very important to me that when I give support to my children that I don't unwittingly make them feel like I am the all-knowing mother who knows better than they themselves know! My kids have helped me become a kinder, more open, less judgemental, less anxious person - I am so lucky!

2. My grandson made me smile this morning!

3. I feel understood and valued by others. I just feel very grateful for my life today!

PS - I have officially lost my mind - I posted this before and it was there - and then it disappeared . . . I have no idea what I'm doing!:haddock:

HBas

Wow Truth, you have such an inspiring way about you!

1. My son :) This morning he was laying on the back seet with a little blanket covering him. He saw his dad last weekend and Wednesday but he is missing him a lot today so I got his dad on the line for him. After they spoke he had a little tear rolling down the side of his face and I reached back to wipe it and he took my had with both his little hands and kissed it and then hugged it tight. I asked him "Are you okay" and he just smiled at me and replied "Yea" I love him so much, he puts positives all around!

2. I am being a rock for my mom for a change, she has been my rock many times and being there for her makes me feel like a million dollars - a billion these days :)

3. My sister, who had her kidney and pancrias transplants three months ago are well enough to join all of us (my other sister and two brothers) at my dad's place on Sunday which will be fathers day for us. How blessed it that?

It is a good day!

HB

Jazzey

Account Closed

The image of your son kissing your hand has but a smile on my face HBas. :) So I'm going to try the 3 positive things for today:

1. I've actually been taking care of myself;
2. I smile when I read others "three positive things"; and,
3. I've opened my patio door and I'm enjoying the morning sun very much.

Trust

Good morning HBas and Jazzey and everyone here!

HBas - :thankyou2: Thank you for sharing your 3 things - I don't know which one stood out more for me - but I feel happy for you to have such positive things to focus on - Okay, I think the image in my mind of your sweet little one gets my #1 vote! I hope you enjoy a wonderful Father's Day with your family - they are all blessed by you!:2thumbs:

Jazzey - Your 3 things made me smile as well - gratitude and smiles are contagious around here!:2thumbs:

Okay my 3 things for today:

1. My grandson wrote the most touching message for his Dad on his Father's Day card that it brought tears to my eyes when he shared it with me - so vulnerable and sweet and honest and kind - out of the mouths of babes! :2thumbs:

2. My mom is giving me an opportunity to heal and help in the way I feel I can without overwhelming me - I feel compassion for her again and I feel such hope for the future even though I don't know what the future will hold - I feel I can face it with grace and acceptance.:2thumbs:

3. I started to clean my house. . . Spring cleaning on the eve of Summer -this may take a while but I am happy I have the energy to tackle it!:2thumbs:

Enjoy the day folks!:hug:

Trust

Good morning everyone!

1. It's Saturday and I love lazy Saturdays!:2thumbs:

2. I have time on my hands and hope in my heart!:2thumbs:

3. I'm going out for breakfast - well brunch more accurately - to my favorite spot to have bacon and scambled eggs and homefries and brown toast - and coffee - and I will read the Saturday Star and do the crossword puzzle - all these things are like heaven to me!:2thumbs:

Trust

Happy Father's Day, folks! :D

1. I am happy that my children and grandchildren all have wonderful Dad's - all these men are strong and loving role models and gentle and enduring examples of what it means to be a good man and a great father!:2thumbs:

2. I have time to enjoy doing the Sunday Star crossword. I so love my puzzles! :2thumbs:

3. I am going to indulge in the pleasure of a warm bubble bath after dinner! . . .:2thumbs:

y-bloc

1. The rain stopped and the sun is out.
2. My huzz and I are planning a pick-nick in the forest when he gets off work (Kalamata olive-lime-hot pepper chicken with brown rice and fresh ice tea).
3. I FINALLY finished an important tattoo design project and sent it to my client this morning.

Trust

Hi folks!:) I've been away from here for a few days so I have 9 positive things to add to my account!:eek:mg:

Monday
1. I worked hard at my job and got a lot done.:2thumbs:
2. I managed rush hour traffic and the heat and humidity and was able to smile throughout it all!:2thumbs:
3. My mom came to stay the night at my house and I was able to enjoy her company and feel good about her and me too!:2thumbs:

Tuesday
1. I took my mom to the doctor to find out if she will have surgery and she will in the fall. She was relieved. I prayed about the outcome (the doctor's decision on whether or not she would be a good candidate for this surgery) and while I do have reservations about the outcome I was able to accept the decision without feeling any need to take responsibility for it. My mom wants the surgery and is happy to have it and her recovery time, if all goes well, is expected to be much shorter than either of us had thought possible! :2thumbs:
2. I averted arguments with my mom by gently guiding the conversations away from "controversial" subjects. I felt happy about how I handled my feelings and did not allow them to become magnified by my mom's need to control me!:2thumbs:
3. I saw my youngest grandson "graduate" from Kindergarten. He is such a joy!! All the little children were so carefree - singing and dancing and celebrating - innocently happy for their accomplishment and their parents and grandparents shared in their happiness! It was the perfect way to spend a summer afternoon among loved ones and friends in the community!:2thumbs:

Today
1. I feel thankful to be busy and productive and employed when so many others are not - and I believe the economy is starting to improve which will help everyone in practical ways! THUMBS UP! (I've used up all my smileys!).
2. I had an email from an old friend - short and sweet - and just made me feel happy to be remembered, and grateful for friends that take the time out of their own busy lives to stay in touch - including those of you here! THUMBS UP!
3. It is sunny and I am going to attack my lawn and gardening work later today - and I can anticipate how the result will be well worth the effort because it always is - and then I can relax on my patio in the evening and just enjoy the remainder of the day! Thank goodness for simple pleasures!THUMBS UP!

Have a great day everyone!!

amastie

You've helped make my day Trust :)
Thank you heaps!
My three:
1. My brother and I shared as two adults the other day when he visited (he means well but finds it difficult to be with me. For all that, he hangs in and I respect him for that. Family is important to him. When I am able to say on top of things he finds it easier to be with me. And so it was, we were ok together. That was something!

2. After starting a medication for weight loss three months ago, and even though I don't take it every day, I've lost (for only the third time in my life) 3 stone in weight. This time, having reached that milestone, I am not feeling afraid of having lost it so I look to continue to lose which is important to do. One small step, one day at a time.

3. Somehow, the adult sharing with my brother seems to over-ride even that accomplishment today - to achieve that with him is so importan to me :)

Speak soon

amastie

Trust

Hi folks!:)

1. Today around lunch time there was a wonderful thunder storm - brief but beautiful! I recall as a child feeling absolutely terrified whenever it thundered - big storms frightened me. As an adult I have found a new way of experiencing storms and the thunder and lightning that once caused intense anxiety is now a refreshing pleasure - which just goes to show me (and hopefully others as well) that fears can be conquered and even in some circumstances the things that once were feared can be viewed anew in a positive light! :2thumbs:

2. I feel thankful for having my car as I love to drive and I appreciate the convenience of having a car and all the time it saves me in the course of a day - time to do other things I need to and enjoy doing!:2thumbs:

3. smileys! :) grins! :D hugs! :hug: and for having family and friends to share them with!:2thumbs:

Enjoy the day folks! :D

HBas

1. One of my good friends at work just told me she's pregnant - after an 8 year wait and No special treatment! Whoo Hoo - she deserves it and I am jumping with joy - she is going to be an awesome mom!

2. Always Wayde, my son! His smile just brightens the whole world! And he was giggling and smiling like mad this morning!

3. We found a place for my mom :D She is moving soon! (This is incredible news for me because: I am renting my house, the whole property, to other people, which seemed very nice, and said my mom could stay on in her flat on the property and sublet from them. These people wants to get out of their contract and I said they could if they found new tenants cause it's still very early in their contract. They are very angry at me for not just bending over and now told my mom to move, which was a killer cause my mom has to get a house that does not cost much cause she is on pension and she does not want me paying half, she wants to be independent and now :jiggy: we found a place!) Yea :2thumbs:

What a glorious day!

Trust

Hi HBas! I'm happy for you and your Mom!:):D:):D

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

I'm in a hurry but these 3 things are my usual and I feel grateful for them every day! Enjoy a happy weekend folks!:)

1. Life. :2thumbs:

2. Love of Family and Friends. :2thumbs:

3. Discontent to motivate change; Contentment to celebrate change. :2thumbs:

HBas

Thanks Trust - Love the way you get creative with the smileys :)

Have a Great weekend!

All of you, please take care and Enjoy! :D
HB

Trust

Hi folks!

1. I QUIT SMOKING!:2thumbs:

2. Tomorrow will be CANADA DAY! :2thumbs:

3. I have not yet had the SLEEPY symptom of nicotine withdrawal - and that fact AMAZES me - and I'm almost through the physical part of the withdrawal symptoms so yeah - and I'm alert to boot - life can be a miracle sometimes in the most surprising ways and at the times we least expect, and we can surprise ourselves by doing some really great things!:2thumbs:

Enjoy a great day everyone!:D

Trust

Good morning, folks!

1. Breathing easier and deeper. :2thumbs:
2. Feeling confident. :2thumbs:
3. Laughter -- and others to share it with. :2thumbs:

Have a happy weekend everyone! :lol:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.