More threads by GaryQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryQ

MVP
My favorite ports were in Mexico, so already looking forward to taking a road trip to Mexico (in the safety corridor) with my husband and our dogs for our next vacation.

Best bring the chickens along with you also... they'll think you're locals :rofl:

Re: 3 Positive Things Part 5

1. Last day of the work week before a 3 day weekend.
  2. Just about finished reviewing a document.
  3. I have plenty of lego at home to assemble if I'm still feeling mopey this arvo.

GaryQ

MVP

1 - Just got a call from manager. Can keep garage for the month of February except have to pay 55$ instead of the 40$ I was paying before. February being very cold here me no complain at all. :up:
2 - going for supper at miss muffet’s
3 - had a good laugh when I read gooblax still plays with legos :rofl:

bonus: in pain but not feeling depressed today!

3 - had a good laugh when I read gooblax still plays with legos :rofl:
Haha absolutely. :lol: I got 2 new sets for Xmas. I find it super helpful for dealing with random no-reason anxiety to just calmly follow the assembly instructions. :) I limit myself to 1 page of instructions per day (if at all) so I don't finish it too quickly.

I want to get back into building model aircraft but it's more of a commitment to sit down and do that, whereas lego is low commitment. So my poor first ever model aircraft is still sadly partially assembled in its box... Probably needing repair by now.

But then the couple of times I've assembled IKEA stuff I also enjoyed that, so I'm a certified weirdo. :D
_______
Glad to hear that you're not feeling depressed today :) Hope you have a nice evening.

GaryQ

MVP

I guess every engineer needs to go back to basic training once in a while :D

instructions :eek:mg: I thought I was the only fool that actually used (well sometimes try and decipher the cryptic code) of instructions.

I love the average humanz method : if all fails then maybe read the instructions if they haven’t already been picked up by the garbage or recycling truck.

- “Um, honey? You sure it looked like that at IKEA?” :facepalm:
- “No Dear, those display are just for show and suggestions. It’s like LEGOs, you build whatever you want with the kit”
- “My mother warned me not to marry a moron like you!”

All joking aside I hope you have a great and relaxing long weekend ;)

1. Cut a few pieces for the model aircraft that I resumed doing yesterday, but nothing worth adding to yesterday's blog.
  2. Found the pair of jeans that I'd misplaced after the holidays.
  3. Got my wish of a day alone... Only to discover how bad I've become at having alone time. :facepalm:But I think I did reasonably ok overall.

GaryQ

MVP

1 - It's this cold and it's only 10:45pm
Capture.PNG

2 - It's this cold in Fharenheit (notice the -51 wind chill)
Went down to -34F and -52F wind chill before I managed to get this thing posted

Capture-2.PNG

3 - I have no craving whatsoever to go out for a smoke for some strange reason :confused:

Bonus - I keep the fact I vape low key... don't need some bozo adding new building rule: no vaping indoors :panic:

Last edited:

GaryQ

MVP

1 - tomorrow at 10:30PM CST will mark 15 years since I stepped off the plane in Winnipeg on the last day of a 2 week record breaking cold spell.

2 - It had warmed up a bit when I arrived from the recorded low of -39C for a Jan 30th

Capture.PNG

3 - Funny coincidence the forecast for that precise time tomorrow is the exact same temperature as when I got here -35C :D

Capture-2.PNG

BONUS: No mosquitos spotted for quite some time ;)

GaryQ

MVP

You’re an engineer you know basic math 2 minuses is a plus :D

The real positive of it all is... it could and colder :rolleyes:
Taking a shot at trying to be an optimist... not sure it’ll work though. There’s more reality and less pretty frozen rainbows in pessimism.

LOL My mistake :D I was too busy with the equation [my temp] + [your temp] = [still too damn cold]

Yes come to the light side, Padawan. There's a tub of frozen ice cream at the end of every frozen rainbow. ;)

GaryQ

MVP

LOL My mistake :D I was too busy with the equation [my temp] + [your temp] = [still too damn cold]
Yup and the relative differential between the 2 temps is getting awfully close to the boiling point of water this morning:panic:

Yes come to the light side, Padawan. There's a tub of frozen ice cream at the end of every frozen rainbow. ;)

I tried... then woke up, looked at the current weather...
saw the magical number where ['Merican dang cold] = [International standard :eek:mg: cold]
And that ice cream is probably bland vanilla :coffee:

Capture.PNG

Capture-2.PNG

Fun fact: There is only 2 minutes elapsed between the 2 screenshots wind speed went from 0 to 4mph from the west
making the wind chill factor go from -40 to -55F in that short time.

Positive notes in all this:

1 - Record breaking day... Looks like we beat the old record from 2004 of -39C (YA-friggen-HOO!)
2 - Didn't have to convert this one to F for Daniel since it's that magical number where C = F
3 - I don't have to go out today :up:

:coffee:

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Is everything still working? Is mail being delivered? They are not delivering mail in a number of U.S. states today due to Canadian/Arctic chill.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Just wish this cold would stop already wood stove is not keeping this place warm at all blah manage to get one room up to 60 degrees just one room my kitchen tiles feel like i am walking on a ice rink blahhhh everywhere is cold

GaryQ

MVP

Daniel: Have the states caught a little bit of a chil?

FMN: Get that HSB of yours to get that heat working! That’s getting pretty close to cruel and unusual punishment :panic:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Is everything still working? Is mail being delivered? They are not delivering mail in a number of U.S. states today due to Canadian/Arctic chill.

Yes. They shut down school buses but regular buses, trains, planes, automobiles, and Canada Post are working.

Status
Not open for further replies.