• Quote of the Day
    "Behind the cloud the sun is still shining."
    Abraham Lincoln, posted by desiderata

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. Told someone I wasn't able to assist with reviewing their document because part of it is outside my self-assessed scope of competence.
  2. Made a decision not to tell anyone at work about my birthday due to someone else having one today, where other colleagues had decorated his desk. I just have to sneak my cake out of the work fridge when I leave this afternoon.
  3. Although it rained yesterday it wasn't enough to mess up my freshly cleaned bike chain.
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. I don't know if my vaccination appointment on Tuesday was cancelled by the clinic (because I got a text message saying that it has to be rescheduled, but so far haven't seen anything else by email or on their website... soooo 85% chance it's cancelled but 15% it might be a scam text) but if I don't find out then I can find a phone number to call. And since I'm better at making calls now, it won't be so hard as it would've been previously.
  2. Made a nice dinner for myself (that I was planning on making last weekend).
  3. Wrote up most of my therapy notes.
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
Not a positive but all I can focus on at the moment is wondering whether my vaccination appointment is going ahead or not. I know the solution is to call and ask but I don't want to. :/
 

David Baxter

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
37,996
Points
113
Not a positive but all I can focus on at the moment is wondering whether my vaccination appointment is going ahead or not. I know the solution is to call and ask but I don't want to. :/

Because making the phone call is stressful? or is there another reason?
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
Because making the phone call is stressful? or is there another reason?
Yes and because I don't know when it's a good time to call. I don't want to be stuck on hold while I'm at work. One colleague has previously said its good to call at 4am because there's no wait time, but he also said he got hung up on 3 times before they finally stayed on the line.

I started writing down my questions to ask but it looks like a lot.

I mentioned the text message to some colleagues and someone else got one too (their appointment was going to be a week after mine at the same place). So it's probably legit and I suspect they are closing that clinic. But I still need to know how I'm getting a new appointment (will they offer me a new one or do I have to try and book one, etc).
Maybe I'll call tomorrow morning if they don't send through anything today.
 

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
19,417
Points
113
That happened to me for my second shot. The location changed and the second appointment was cancelled, but they then fortunately allowed walk-ins at the new pop-up clinic.
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
That's annoying. Must be some sort of trend - I wonder how many people that happened to since this is 3 people in 3 different countries.

I just got an email with an updated appointment at the same time tomorrow afternoon, different location. Luckily they used my preferred location which is near my home so I have no problem attending there (except I don't know where I can park my bike there, but I'll ask the people there rather than riding home or locking up at the train station).
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. Had my 2nd Pfizer shot. Now just waiting for my 15 mins observation period.
  2. Survived the strong headwind when trying to get here. When I left work the wind forecast was 42km/h with 63km/h gusts. It seemed to take forever.
  3. Locked my bike at the gate. I spoke to a guy who was supervising the parking and he suggested a spot, and I then struggled to get my U-lock on it as he was right there and he gave me a suggestion on how to lock it. All in all it was pretty silly and could have been embarrassing but I felt OK about it. I'll have to see him again when I collect the bike, but then won't ever see him again so it'll be ok.
 

David Baxter

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
37,996
Points
113
Oh I didn't realize this was your second shot. I thought it was your first.

This was one of the MRNA vaccines, correct? Pfizer or Moderna?

So good work. In 14 days, you'll be as fully protected as you can be with the current vaccinations (which is about 92% plus with the MRNA vaccines).
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
Oh I didn't realize this was your second shot. I thought it was your first.

This was one of the MRNA vaccines, correct? Pfizer or Moderna?

So good work. In 14 days, you'll be as fully protected as you can be with the current vaccinations (which is about 92% plus with the MRNA vaccines).
Yeah second Pfizer so that's pretty cool. :) Feeling a little fatigued today but not bad, and I took the bus to work to conserve energy.
 

David Baxter

Administrator
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
37,996
Points
113
I found that the fatigue and some mild flu-like symptoms lasted a bit longer after the second shot than after the first but that's probably due to my immune system. My sons really didn't have much of a reaction to the shots after the day of.
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
I had both of mine at about 3:15pm so there's a bit of crossover into the following day. For my first one I felt more tired that evening and had some trouble regulating temperate while sleeping (which also could have just been due to weather changes), but the following day was fine. For this one I was a bit less tired in the evening, had the same sleeping issue (and again a change in weather so impossible to tell the cause), and am definitely still feeling tired and slight aches today but manageable. I suspect tomorrow will be all good.

My bf also had Pfizer months ago, and actually had slightly more of a reaction after his 1st shot compared to the 2nd (and as far as he knows had never caught COVID).
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. Feeling a lot better this morning. I think peak side effects were at about 5pm-6pm last night. I'd started feeling a bit better again before bed, and went to sleep about an hour early so that was good too.
  2. I made myself phone someone at work who'd asked me to give them a call.
  3. I'm doing a mini presentation today on behalf of my boss who's away, which is a good chance to practice dealing with presentation anxiety.
 

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
19,417
Points
113
1. Thanks to brother-in-law, 400 square feet of chicken coop is now 100% rain and snow proof with new roofing.

2. Husband's kidney's values are back to normal (after reducing soda use, which may have been a factor).

3. Favorite pizza place was open today, even with very limited staffing.
 
Last edited:

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. I let someone at work borrow my headset so he could do his online training yesterday (his headset was letting him hear but not picking up the mic, which was the same problem I had when I tried to use my personal headset on the work computer). I'm not sure if he's planning to keep it for the whole week though... Which is slightly inconvenient because they took away our desk phones so the headset is my phone, so I've had to forward calls to my mobile. I don't get or make many calls and don't have any online meetings this week so it shouldn't be a problem if he ends up using it all week.
  2. Good bike ride this morning with a good temperature.
  3. I bought stuff to make burgers for dinner. Although I also have leftover pizza dough that I should use.
 

gooblax

MVP
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,554
Points
113
  1. I had cash in my wallet so was able to put some money on my bus card, since my bank card has expired a day early and I haven't activated the new one yet.
  2. I was pretty conflicted about whether to ride my bike or get the bus today because it's meant to be raining all day but it's not raining right now. But it's not the most conflicted I've ever been about it, and at least this way it'll be safer and I won't get muddy.
  3. I suspect we'll be going into lockdown either tonight or tomorrow, but hopefully if we do it tonight then I won't have to deal with more rain and a storm tomorrow.
 

Top Bottom