More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
YouTube - Obsessives: Soda Pop - CHOW.comDescription:

John Nese is the proprietor of Galcos Soda Pop Stop in LA. His father ran it as a grocery store, and when the time came for John to take charge, he decided to convert it into the ultimate soda-lovers destination. About 500 pops line the shelves, sourced lovingly by John from around the world. John has made it his mission to keep small soda-makers afloat and help them find their consumers. Galcos also acts as a distributor for restaurants and bars along the West Coast, spreading the gospel of soda made with cane sugar (no high-fructose corn syrup if John can avoid it).
Some of the sodas that are mentioned are rose soda, cucumber soda, and coffee soda.

As the guy explains at the end, one of the sodas is Moxie, which was behind the phrase: "You've got Moxie!"

Unfortunately, the shipping cost for glass bottles filled with soda is very expensive. But it could make for an interesting Christmas or birthday present.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I tried the Green Apple, Cream Soda, Cherry and Root Beer. As wacky as the flavours get, it is the best soda I ever tried.

The only Root Beer that compares in quality in my opinion is Dad's Root Beer
My favorite Ginger Ale is Vernors. You should be proud Daniel, it isn't Canada Dry :teehee:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I just read there that some Florida grocery stores sell it, so I will look for it.

It isn't over carbonated like a lot of other Ginger Ales, which is why I like it and the ginger taste isn't sharp, it is nice and smooth.

I did find though, when I went to the USA that some of the pop sold there does taste different than it does here. I later found out why :teehee:

Any fruit flavoured beverage in Canada is considered a "juice" and they are not allowed to put caffeine into any fruit flavoured beverage, unless they call them "energy drinks" or that sort. I believe the only ones that have caffeine are the Colas. Even the Root Beers are caffeine free (not sure if all are though)

So needless to say, when I decided I had enough Coca-Cola and the caffeine in it, and I baught a Mountian Dew thinking I would not have caffeine, I was very wrong! :woohoo: Try being hyper stuck in a car all the way from Ohio to Florida! :teehee:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I just thought of this too. If you like nice fruit juices like Orange Juice (Daniel might be able to get fresh squeezed, you lucky one! ) or Pineapple juice. With the extra pulps it is amazing to have half Ginger Ale half juice in a drink. It is so refreshing.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Barq's is the only one carbonated, I believe.

Barq's is a nice one too for the ones that are easy to get. I use to love Hires Rootbeer, but I don't seem to find that one anymore.

What is your favorite soda pop Xelebes?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
In Britain, they make a drink of half beer, half ginger ale, which they call a shandy, I believe.

Waste of a prefectly good beer, if you ask me, but apparently people can drink and enjoy some very strange concoctions.

Jackie

In Britain, they make a drink of half beer, half ginger ale, which they call a shandy, I believe.

Waste of a prefectly good beer, if you ask me, but apparently people can drink and enjoy some very strange concoctions.

Shandy is vile, it can be beer or larger mixed with ginger ale (like you said) or just mixed with lemonade. I like Root Beer MacDonalds use to sell it.

This is another vile one:D

Irn-Bru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this
Dandelion and burdock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though the gin version isn't too bad:D

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
This is another one of my favorites. I had a very difficult time finding a page for it, but what I am reading is it is only available in Canada. There are other types of Chinotto Drinks available elsewhere apparently.

It is Brio Chinotto Drink. Brio is a brand name of a type of drink called Chinotto. To me it tastes a bit like Root Beer but not as foamy and a bit more bitter.

It is awsome with Italian food and I guess it is logical since it is made from a citrus fruit in Italy.

Edit: Oh, and this is another favorite Orangina :blush:

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.