More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
American teen accused of eating evidence after alleged robbery attempt
The Associated Press
Saturday, May 16, 2009

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities say a North Carolina teen who was thwarted as he tried to rob a store with a banana ate it before they could arrive.

Winston-Salem authorities say 17-year-old John Szwalla held the banana under his shirt when he entered the store Thursday, saying he had a gun and demanded money.

Owner Bobby Ray Mabe says he and a customer jumped Szwalla, holding him until deputies arrived. While they waited, Mabe says the teen ate the banana.

Mabe says deputies took pictures of the banana peel.

Forsyth County Sheriff's office spokesman Maj. Brad Stanley says deputies joked about charging Szwalla with destroying evidence.

Szwalla faces a charge of attempted armed robbery. Jail officials say he doesn't have a lawyer.

Halo

Re: American teen accused of eating evidence after allged robbery attempt

A banana....come on at least get creative and use a hairdryer or curling iron.....sheesh :rolleyes:

Although possibly really smart because it would then become he said/she said as to whether there actually was the use of a banana in the holdup barring that there is no video cameras....if there is no evidence who do you believe?

But the destroying evidence is going a little too far :lol:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I thought this artical was halarious in so many ways when I read it.

It is like something that would be posted on The Onion

It is strange, but apparently true, this one.

I love this part of the artical too.
Forsyth County Sheriff's office spokesman Maj. Brad Stanley says deputies joked about charging Szwalla with destroying evidence.

:rofl:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.