More threads by David Baxter PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: Anti-Arizona Humor (with a shot of anti-Snowbird)

The first day I visited Phoenix it felt like there was a blow dryer hitting my legs. I was wearing shorts and immediately got ice cream :)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

You know you live in rural AZ when you get an alert from your town's Facebook page that a missing goat has been found.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

It just happened in reverse in Orleans, a suburb of Ottawa:

No kidding around, roaming goat gets new home | CBC News
April 12, 2018

A little white goat found wandering in Orléans is on its way to a new home on a farm.

A spokesperson for Ottawa's bylaw department said a resident found the animal near Trim Road and Highway 174 a few days ago and initially took it in before surrendering it to the Ottawa Humane Society.

The humane society, which doesn't have the resources to handle livestock, called bylaw for backup, Alison Sandor said.

Sandor said ordinarily the department would attempt to figure out where the lost animal came from, but there were no farms near the spot where the goat was found.

"We weren't able to find exactly where he came from," Sandor said.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

8a6abe1dd395bfc4a7af40a715b21093-1.jpg

5998b9b765c1402ba087b049f0314ff9.jpg

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Had a redneck 4th of July by going to the rodeo. Fortunately, it was relatively cool today.IMG_20180704_153450~2.jpeg
4c09b3e7efec60dc295b3d6999e3e637-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180704_153450~2.jpeg
    IMG_20180704_153450~2.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 29

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The weatherman about the heat in Phoenix today:

"If you are going golfing this afternoon, you will probably be the only one out there."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Saw my first snake in Arizona. It was probably a gopher snake. They are not poisonous but look scary as they look similar to a rattlesnake (minus the rattle).

The snake was probably planning to steal an egg from my chickens, but it left the coop after he saw me.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.