More threads by Teenanxiety

I am having severe anxiety. I was wondering if any one had any advice for when under alot of stress. I tap my fingers and feet. Once I calm down some I get really depressed and get even more stressed. I am not on meds. I think should but not going to see a doc yet. I have learned that doing things like stacking and organizing things helps. But if it gets unorganized I get even more stressed. Any advice besides meds.

Wilma

For many years I suffered with anxiety attacks. They got so bad I could barely function. I didn't do anything about them until I was in my fifties. Then I went to my doctor and asked for something to control anxiety. She gave me a prescription, and the medication helped, but I didn't like taking them. I prefer not to take prescriptions if I can find a way to manage otherwise.

One day while grocery shopping, I was looking for a tea someone had recommended, and saw Tension Tamer tea on the shelf. I bought it instead, and have never been without since. As soon as I feel an attack coming on, I brew myself a cup, and it works immediately.

defect

The only thing that has ever really worked for me, above and beyond even medications, is breathing control. Learn what you can about proper breathing techniques, and put it into practice as often as you can remember to. It really works!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.