More threads by Cat Dancer

I was recently hospitalized. I didn't have much of a chance to pick out clothes so I had to wear short sleeves some of the time. One of the other patients said, "Wow, your arm looks awful." I didn't take offense really because it DOES look awful, but it made me feel kind of sad in a way. I can't undo what I've done. All I can do is not add more damage.

I always wanted the outside of me to match how I feel inside and awful does seem fitting.

What I need to work on is changing the inner thoughts because I can't change the damage. This is REALLY hard. I don't know if I will wear short sleeves again for a long time.

I would hope that the person that made that comment just felt sad that you did that, and may have been trying to reach out to you and show you empathy. Some people are a little more tactful and less awkward than others. This person's reaction didn't sound very well filtered... Just purely emotional. That person didn't know you. You are not your scars. You are Cat Dancer! :cat::dance2::purr::dance::meow:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
What I need to work on is changing the inner thoughts

Exactly right, and it's fantastic that you see this and are thinking this way. That's half the battle.

You're right. It is really hard. But I believe you can do it and you will do it. :)

xx

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.