• Quote of the Day
    "You are much deeper, much broader, much brighter than any idea you could have of yourself."
    Harry Palmer, posted by Daniel

lammers1980

I just wanted to ask a question of the others here on the forum. I've noticed that the day after I have anything more than one or two drinks, I will experience a spike in my OCD symptoms. Does anyone know if this is normal. I've read that excessive alcohol intake can temprorarily deplete serotonin, dopamine, and GABA levels in the brain. Would this result in a spike in anxiety-related symptoms? I remember around last Christmas I got rather drunk with my brothers, and the next week I was completely depressed and obsession-ridden. I know I did not black out or anything, but I had this horrible fear that I might have done all sorts of terrible things when I was drinking, even though my brothers assure me I did not. Since then, even if I only get a small buzz when drinking, and not even becoming drunk, I will start to obsess the next day. I don't generally consider myself a problem drinker, although maybe once or twice a year I will drink to excess (when my brothers are in town). I find this a problem as I am an avid wine collector and would hate to give up one of my favourite hobbies just because of my OCD. Anyone have any good insights to share?

ladylore

Account Closed
Hi Stevel :)

I can definitely relate with the OCD. I had obsessive thoughts while I was addicted and after I stopped drinking. That type of thought pattern lasted for a while longer. I have heard about many others who have experienced the same type of thing.

I can tell you that after sometime the obsession stops - at least it did for me.

:)

Top Bottom