More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Some awesome CBT worksheets and resources
by adiemusfree, Healthskills Blog
May 14, 2009

Thanks to therapyworksheets I?m linking to some of the worksheets I like from this blogsite.

First up is Lynn Martin?s CBT worksheet page. Lynn has a whole raft of professional qualifications, but her original training is as a registered nurse. Her site also contains a couple of concise summaries on CBT, and links to resources. To use her worksheets you?ll need to cut and paste (and then probably reformat) into another document ? but that?s hardly difficult is it?

The next is from Specialty Behavioral Health, which has a lot of pdf documents on various mental health problems ? including some helpful ones you could use if you were setting up a new practice, such as an intake form, consent form, privacy notices and so on; plus a range of specific CBT forms such as the Daily Mood and Thought Record, :acrobat: and one that I think I probably need: Common procrastination profiles. :acrobat: I notice that these have been based around student issues such as writing a dissertation, breaking up with a boyfriend and so on, but they could be easily adapted.

Some lovely ?personal growth? worksheets are available from Intuitive Life Coach. Some of these are very simple indeed ? but because they?re well designed, they?re easy to use. One example is the LifeScape Worksheet which is described as "a tool to help you create a certain scenario or experience in your life. The point of this exercise is to draw a specific 'picture' of the scenario using descriptive phrases that capture the essence of the experience?the feeling of the scenario as if you were experiencing it right now."

Psychology Tools is a "central repository for materials useful to psychologists and other mental health professionals. The aim of the site is to provide free downloads of copyright-free materials, and also links to copyright materials." You can submit your own materials if they?re copyright-free (creative commons) ? I haven?t done so yet, but will do. Nothing here on pain management, but several resources on various disorders and even one on self esteem. I liked the link to the Wellbeing Wizard - all about wellbeing(!), some nice information on Systems (such as how to draw a genogram), and I was impressed with the resources on mindfulness.

The last one for today is called Living CBT, which is a division of the Manchester Centre for Cognitive Behaviour Limited. The Centre provides training and consultancy services across the UK at CBT-Centre UK. They have some simple pdf and word document resources including a pain diary, activity diary, and a great set of helpful self statements that are worthwhile copying and plastering all over your own workplace, not to mention for patients!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.