More threads by Harebells

I really hope that this diagnosis is thrown away it does so much more harm as said to the person that is suffering already.

It really hurts to hear professionals that are to care make jokes and deny help and support to the ones that need it the most.

I wish they could be put in the shoes of one of these individuals for one day and see what they have to endure not only from within themselves but from the world around them especially the professionals who don't seem to care really they don't. Not all are that a way a few do seem to reach out but only a few and if the diagnosis were to be changed one would see that the amount of support for that person would increase immensely.

Harebells

Yes unfortunately it often seems to be used as a way of denying help to a whole group of people who really need it and basically gas-lighting them and further traumatising them. That's how it is here anyway, with resources severely limited (and I know this diagnosis is definitely not the only one not getting adequate help, but maybe the main one where people get shamed and ignored for something that's already causing them huge distress, by the people who they have been told to turn to for help.) I hope it's better in some places and that a diagnosis, whether it's valid or not, can lead to appropriate help. And hope the situation improves as awareness increases. I'm glad there are people, including professionals like this author, who are advocating for people.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.