More threads by morpheus

morpheus

...as it kind of covers two categories.

Lately, I?ve been feeling depressed. I?m not quite sure what the reason is for it. It comes and goes over time. I?ve been to a therapist before, but was never diagnosed with depression. During these times, I usually keep to myself and kick back in front of the TV and make it a netflix night. This bothers me as it just spontaneously comes around, but I?m not sure that?s the case this time. A few things have happened that could have been the trigger for it. First is this girl I?ve been talking to. She and I have been talking for some time (we?ve known each other for 2 years) and our relationship has progressed pretty far (she has stated that she has fallen in love with me). However we don?t have a normal relationship by any means. We haven?t really spoken nor been face-to-face as she lives 1,400 miles away. This hasn?t really bothered me as I?m sort of an introvert and keep to myself.

Well, lately, I?ve been craving more of a connection with her, but have not gotten it. I have asked to talk to her, but she hates talking on the phone and prefers IM?s or texting (even e-mail is not high on her list). I?ve accepted this as part of her personality, but I still can?t help feeling alone even when talking to her.

In addition to this, one of my ex?s (we dated for about a month but knew each other for a few years) has recently sought me out to tell me that she met some guy and has gotten engaged after a month of dating him. Why she felt the need to tell me, I don?t know nor have I asked.

All this has transpired in the last few weeks and my depressive cycles have seemed to increase. I have gone out with friends from time to time and I do enjoy myself when I out with them, but afterwards, when I?m back home, I seem to slink back into the same situation as before. It?s not that I?m not happy in other activities. I enjoy my job, talk to friends, and watch DVD?s and movies in the theater.

I have considered seeing a therapist again, but I?m too nervous to bring myself to do so. I have a fear of exposing my emotions to an individual like that (ironic as I?m posting it world wide lmao!!).

I?m open to other opinions?
:)

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: Not sure if this is the best area to post this...

Hi Morpheus,

I agree with Gene. It also takes time to build trust between you and the therapist but its like this for everyone. It is hard to talk with a stranger. Do you trust anyone around you that could give you a recommendation, it's how I found my present doctor and he's great.

But I would take the leap of faith because you deserve to be heard and to feel well.

Halo

Re: Not sure if this is the best area to post this...

:agree:

I think that realizing that you may be suffering from depression and deciding to get help from a therapist now can only be a step in the right direction. My concern would be if you wait too long to explore your thoughts and feelings with a therapist that first, your depression may worsen and second, there will be a complete loss of enjoyment with all activities that you do.

As difficult as it is to open up to a therapist, try to remind yourself that they are not going to judge you or critisize you and truly just want to help.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.