• Quote of the Day
    "Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life;
    not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."
    Kahlil Gibran, posted by David Baxter

boi

Hey Guys,
I was feeling great for the past week. Back to normal etc...Today, I started feeling guilty about something I said at work when logically, I know it was good that I had said it. I am not diplomatic and I tend to just say what I feel. Either way, I am glad I said it but I am thinking depression might be creeping back in. I am not sure though. Has anyone else felt this way? Guilt and fear for saying something. Could this be the depression coming back. I hope not

David Baxter

Administrator
Guilt or remorse is a normal human reaction to having done or said something that may have hurt someone else's feelings or hurt them in some other way. Thinks of it as a psychological warning - your superego telling you that what you did wasn't very nice - as a way of guiding your future behavior.

It's not necessarily a sign of an impending depressive episode.

boi

the thing is I dont think I hurt anyone's feelings, well at least I dont think I did. I hope you are right though.

David Baxter

Administrator
You said:

Today, I started feeling guilty about something I said at work when logically, I know it was good that I had said it. I am not diplomatic and I tend to just say what I feel.

That suggests there was something about what you said or the way you said it that worries you. I'm not saying the worry/guilt is deserved or necessary - just that it sounds to me as if that were the trigger.

boi

thanks David, I think that is whta it is. I start worrying etc....
A bunch of people were fired from our company as well so I think that has added to my stress. Finally, I will be seeing my therapist next week so I am very pleased about that

Latest posts

Top Bottom