More threads by Vinton

Vinton

I have bn dealing with it for years. I as recently diagnosed with tourettes, ADHD and cyclothymia..I was given epival to manage the swings and straterra. I 'm no be to relax and read a book for the first time.
I've been on 150 mgs of effexor for 2 years .

I sleep 7-8 hours per day
Eat well and have a good social life.
great family life.

MY ONLY PROBLEM IS WHEN I GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING I FEEL AWFULL AND THINK ABOUT SUICIDE. IT'S STUPID. ITS AUTOMATIC AND IT GOES AWAY AS I GET BUSY.

I NOW THAT I WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID BUT ITS DAMN SCARY.

I'm scheduled to start therapy on Friday but wont mention it because they will panic .

I remember feeling like this before ad usually in the fal but never got concerned about it.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
If you're just starting therapy, I can understand your worries about describing suicidal thoughts but it's something you should try to bring up with your therapist as soon as you feel comfortable. A competent therapist is not going to "panic" if you describe these as you have here.

Vinton

Well! not sure as he might report it to the psychatrist.. I will wait for the therapy and to be honest I've felt this way many times over the past 30 years. It started after my first MS attack and the shock was so strong and ended up so weak that I could not walk and took 6 months before I could work again .It was from this and not the MS. Then there were no psy and no meds the So I went throught it myself and never really recovered.

HA

If you were saying that you are now able to read a book for the first time, then that is a wonderful thing to celebrate, Vinton.

We are cheering with you :thewave:

How are your MS symptoms these days?

When you feel comfortable it would be to your advantage to tell your therapist everything that you are feeling and thinking. That way they can help you to the best of their ability. They can't help you to cope with your thoughts if you don't tell them what your thoughts are.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.