More threads by Daniel E.

poohbear

Before I even read it, I knew what it was going to say. Any logical person with half a brain will realize that a "lazy" person who was on unemployment loses their benefits, they will take the path of least resistance and apply for another free ride.

Don't get me wrong here, I totally agree with the disability program. I just think it's abused. Heavily abused. Just as the unemployment program was and is. Did you know that in some states (here in South Carolina), after being on unemployment for your first few months, you don't even have to PROVE you are actively seeking employment? You just phone in and tell an automated system that you are looking (yeah, RIGHT after I watch my shows!) and that your circumstances haven't changed?

Sad. There is absolutely NO incentive to get people (lazy OR disabled) out there to work.

--poohbear

Wow, that sounds pretety generalized and sure stabbed me in the heart.

Once I applied for permanent mental disability (which I got and it's not easy here in California, btw), I sent back my unemployment checks immediately and was instantly broke with very little savings, almost became homeless.

If you are not sure of a person's story, please be careful of what you write. There are those of us out here that are very ill that would be wandering the streets without the disability. In the future, name specific people if you must, but please do not generalize because it hurts a lot of us who suffer deeply.

We don't know you; you don't know; well, speaking for myself - me! With all the crap happening in this world it's no wonder many are freaking out. Here in California we have Presidents of now-defunct companies applying at Wal-Mart and they can't even get a job because they are overqualified. There are plenty of places in this North America place we live that are smaller towns with no jobs, or jobs that won't even pay for a studio much less food, water, t.p., etc.

Be careful before you begin calling people in general "lazy" - it's quite offensive, to me anyways.

Personally, I'd rather be dead, let someone else have this disability money, but I took on the responsibility of my cats
that are the reason for my living and I will see them through their lives.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.