More threads by Thelostchild

The meds that I was on didn't make me feel happy they mad me feel numb, angery, mood swings. I don't think antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and psychotropics did me a whole lot of good. My body got so used to taking them they wore out my receptors.

Do thes kind of med really work?
Do they make people better?
Do they cause suicide? Y
Is this the remedy to our problems
I guess im kind of confused

Is it ok for me to say:lies:

HI Thelostchild,

At times it takes one or two tries with different meds to find the one and the dosage which works best ,
meds Do work , and they work best with the support of therapy .
You may not have been prescribed the right one for you , if you do feel adverse effects it is really advisable to get right back to your Doctor .
I cannot agree with you that it is lies . So many people have now the possibility to live full and serene lives thanks to the huge advances in medication.

Take care white page

I've tried so many different types and different doses that kind of got a bad taste in my mouth. But I can say that I have a good support from my husband he knows everything I have been throug and every med i have been on. He's taken care of alot of people. He went through special forces PA-C school in the millitary. But now he speciallizes in Orthopedics but hes still a good supporting person

TC,

I dont regulary take meds because I had aweful side effects and feel better without them, I occasionally take a valium if stressed or tired but that is the only drug that works for me without side effects,, I think they do work for others though, I think Its purely a personal thing you have to find whats right for you, your doing well without them and thats brillant but others need them to live a full life like white page says.

Retired

Treatment of psychiatric disorders with medications, usually combined with supportive psychotherapy and/or other forms of therapy, is effective in significantly sufficient percentages of the population to consider it an important option.

However, not all medications are effective in 100% of the population, and in fact some people are found to be resistant to certain forms of treatment at various times in their life.

For that reason, successful treatment requires patience and perseverance, working with the doctor to try different combinations, dosages and compounds, sometimes over several months and even years.

My body got so used to taking them they wore out my receptors

What was the advice of your doctor(s) at this point?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.