More threads by Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Don't know exactly what my fear is classed as..I will explain.

I do not want to go out by myself I only like to go out with Mark, yet when I am working for instance I have no problem going out on my own to and from work, sometimes get slightly paranoid people are watching me but not always.

When Mark says "Why dont you come to where I work and go up in cable car have a walk, a coffee out, whatever gets me out the house" I always think that would be nice, but I say no..Why?? I am so confused over this, I hate being stuck in all day.:unsure:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: don't know my fear??

Generally speaking, a desire to withdrawal from social activities or public places can be due to social anxiety or depression. The fact that you are able to go to places with Mark is not surprising since you probably feel less anxious or more motivated around him since you know him well.

The fact you don't have problems going to work may be because it is part of your routine, not to mention the need to make a living.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Generally speaking, with depression, it can be a lack of desire or something else. With social anxiety, it's a fear/anxiety issue.

Of course, there could be other issues at play. Some people don't have a car, and they hate to take the bus unless they have to. Or some people just develop a routine of staying home. And there are introverts who are happy to stay home.

Elizabeth

I think I have just got so used to being inside as spent many months last year doing just that

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.