More threads by Thelostchild

So I might be admitting my self at the Eating Disorder Center of Denver. My insurance is pretty good - 200 dollar admit fee and covered 100%. I'm soo scared... I have an intake appt tomarrow at 9am

Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) with overnight accommodations
The Eating Disorder Center of Denver offers comprehensive levels of outpatient care for male and female patients, 18 years and older, suffering from anorexia, bulimia, and/or binge eating disorder.

Our Partial Hospitalization Program helps patients learn to practice and internalize recovery skills until they can incorporate these behaviors into their way of life. As patients begin to experience daily successes, they make a gradual transition from our supportive, structured environment back into their homes and lives.

A Team Approach to Changing Lives
Our multidisciplinary team of board-certified psychiatrists, physicians, clinicians, family therapists and registered dietitians are dedicated to bringing about change through empowerment. Working together, they create specialized treatment plans that fit the patient’s physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and nutritional needs.

The partial hospitalization program consists of 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, with shortened schedules on weekends. Our highly structured program includes:

• Medical Evaluation: Board-certified psychiatrists oversee each treatment team to ensure the proper focus of each special regimen and to see that co-morbid psychiatric conditions are appropriately diagnosed and treated. In addition, a board-certified internist carefully monitors the physical and medical conditions of all patients. This extensive medical presence enables the Eating Disorder Center of Denver to effectively treat individuals who are seriously ill with only partial hospitalization, resulting in maximum improvement without institutionalization.
  • Individual Therapy: Patients meet weekly for a psychiatric consultation, and they have two weekly sessions with a primary therapist. Patients also attend weekly staff meetings to update their treatment goals and plans for aftercare.
  • Family/Couples Therapy: The designated family therapist meets with patients and their families each week. Additionally, patients and their families are encouraged to attend weekly multi-family group sessions that offer education for everyone affected by the eating disorder. We also have a free family and friends support group.
  • Group Therapy: A wide range of daily psycho-educational, experiential, and process groups cover such topics as:
    • Nutrition
    • Healthy relationships
    • Sexuality
    • Medical lectures
    • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    • Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
    • Sensing the self
    • Body image
    • Addictions
    • Grief and loss
    • Skills
    Experiential groups include yoga, movement therapy, art therapy, and psychodrama.
  • Nutrition Therapy: Our registered dietitians plan three daily meals and one snack for patients. Meals are eaten in groups with a therapist. The dietitians are also available to meet with patients weekly to review their individual meal plans and goals. Our comprehensive nutrition therapy includes a weekly cooking group and meals out.

Andy

MVP
Good luck with the intake, I hope it goes well.
Looks to be a great place. I think they nedd more places like that in Canada, or atleast on the prairies anyway. Here the programs are all hospital outpatient programs or psych ward type deals.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I hope you can get on your way to being healthy very soon. :support:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Sending you positive vibes TLC. :hug: :hug: I think it looks like a great program and I'm proud for you taking care of yourself.

Andy

MVP
Good to hear! I'm happy for you and glad your on the road to being a much healthier person (says the hypacrit lol). For real though, it's a huge step and your so brave for taking action! :support:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.