More threads by TStiehl

TStiehl

Hi everyone, I just joined today. I was researching some reviews on EMDR and now I am not so sure I want to go through with it. I have always had anxiety and depression. My sister is 16 months older than I am and she remembers a lot about when my parents were still together. My father abused my mother pretty bad and I do not remember ever witnessing this. I do have one particular memory where my father came home drunk and I was sick on the couch with my mother and she told him to not touch me....After that I cannot remember what happened. I am concerned that by doing EMDR I may remember what had happened, and I may hold resentment towards my father. I am also concerned that I may have been molested as well. I do not want to know if this happened to me...I just want my anxiety and depression to be gone. I have never liked to be touched, and has always had trust issues with my relationships. Any thoughts on if I should go through with the EMDR treatment?

Banned

Banned
Hi TStiehl,

I just want to welcome you to the forum. I have no experience with EMDR as I was reluctant to try it as well. I think there are some forum members who may be willing to chime I and speak of their experiences, and Dr. Baxter could certainly speak to it from an evidence-based perspective if he has time.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.