More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I feel like I could just post an empty thread, and it would completely reflect everything I'm feeling.

I feel empty. Devoid of anything. Hollow. Going through the motions.

I find that lately, more than ever before, I'm living in suicide mode. Each day I wake up wondering if this will be the day that sends me over the edge. Some days I wake up hoping that this will be the day that sends me over the edge.

I'm trying to hold on to the hope that things won't always be like this, that I still don't even have a diagnosis let alone proper medication, that a whole lot of therapy can change things, but I get so caught up wondering if it's really fixable and if I'll ever have any quality of life.

Yesterday was a great day. Awesome day. Today, I am low, hollow, and empty. It just changes, constantly, for no real good reason.

This morning, I found a bunch of poems I wrote in high school, starting in grade eight. They were all about suicide. I'm now in my mid-thirties, and having the same thoughts as I was in grade eight, over 20 years ago.

I need to find hope, but I feel like I've been looking for it my whole life and it still eludes me.

Jazzey

Account Closed
I think hope is defined by us Turtle. Meaning that it's this intangible that is defined differently for each of us.

For me hope is: no more feelings of guilt, no more negative self-talk, really feeling happiness when I'm around those that I love. It doesn't have to be grand, just something to look forward to.

I don't know if this makes any sense tonight. For me my, hope is what you make of it. And I think that it probably changes a little over time, as we get better...Maybe my goals will be different in a few months time.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Sending you my best wishes for hope Turtle.

I am also empty, so I do not have words that would be helpful. I am sorry.

:support:

Banned

Banned
Thanks guys. I just feel like everything's a struggle lately, there's no end to it, and there's never going to be that light at the end of the rainbow. I'm just tired. I've been tired for awhile but now I'm beyond tired and hopeless.

recovery unfortunately takes a lot of time, turtle. it probably isn't what you want to hear. try to hang on with the knowledge that this is going to take time, but that you will get there.

Banned

Banned
recovery unfortunately takes a lot of time, turtle. it probably isn't what you want to hear. try to hang on with the knowledge that this is going to take time, but that you will get there.

How much time? I know that no one can actually answer that, but I've spent my entire life, for as long as I can remember, trying to find joy, meaning, and purpose. So far, I can't find it.

Sorry your going through such a hard time Turtle...

Wish I could wave a wand and make it all go away for you.

I was feeling so low for the longest time and I think it was because I was always looking to feel better or for something to "happen" or for something to change or...so on and so on. And I still am in a way but...I've found some relief in letting go of always expecting to feel better or for something perfect to happen. I think sometimes we set our expectations so high, that by the time something good does happen, we've already set our eyes on the next best thing...and something we just end up failing to recognize all the little baby steps in between.

Hope you feel better soon. ;)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I've spent my entire life, for as long as I can remember, trying to find joy, meaning, and purpose. So far, I can't find it.
That sounds like overgeneralized, all-or-nothing thinking and/or a very selective memory, with negative mood making it more difficult to access positive experiences.

Similarly:
Hamlet's fascination with death reflects "selective abstraction," in which the positive aspects of life are overlooked.

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/cbt-cogn...s-ten-forms-of-twisted-thinking.html#post4999

Just as memory plays tricks on us when we try to look backward in time, so does imagination play tricks when we try to look forward.

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/gilbert/about.html

you said you still don't have a diagnosis yet. until it gets figured out what exactly the problem is, it is not surprising you've struggled a long time and haven't had a resolution yet.

i know this is frustrating and feels like it's all useless. the reality is you need to take a number of steps to get quality of life:

1. get help with sleep (absolutely imperative)
2. get a diagnosis (going to take some time)
3. get the right treatment for that diagnosis (going to take more time)

feeling better isn't going to happen overnight, from one day to the next. it is a very gradual process, sometimes so gradual it doesn't seem like anything is happening. recovery seems to happen in spurts. for a while there doesn't seem much difference, then suddenly you realize you've improved, you're still not feeling great but there is improvement. then you're back to "nothing is happening" for a while. you hit plateaus, you keep working at it, and then the next improvement seems to be upon you.

this gradualness is what fuels the idea that nothing is working, nothing ever will, and that you will never be better. that just isn't true.

Banned

Banned
Not really. We have a couple ideas, but they need to be narrowed down. I don't see the psychiatrist until February. I don't know if they can come up with a diagnosis on the first visit. I don't even know if I'm going to be able to answer half his questions. I'll have to see how it goes.

Banned

Banned
Thanks for the tip, Dr. B. I'm going to do that right away. It *will* be accurate, right? I think I read too that if you enclose an extra $25 they will send you a miracle pill that will fix your diagnosis. May as well include the extra $25.

Banned

Banned
Thanks Shuttered.

Violet, I am on a cancellation list in case he gets an opening sooner. Also, I think my therapist is going to send off a letter to him to see if that will get me in any sooner. We're trying everything we can.

I do feel a bit better today, guys. Thanks for caring.

Jackie

people do care its amazing who does care on the net when you have problems, post about it and its like the whole world cares about you its a good feeling:hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.