More threads by hamoor

hamoor

MY EX WIFE DIED- CHILDREN HAVENT SEEN HER FOR 10 YEARS THEY ARE 14 AND 13 --THE ONLY CONTACT IS WHEN SHE USE TO SEND GIFTS FOR THEIR BIRTHDAY. THE GIRL SPOKE ONCE 3 YEARS AGO TO HER MOTHER. THEY NEVER ASKED TO SPEAK TO HER , BASICALLY THEY NEVER BROUGHT UP HER SUBJECT--NOW I NEED HELP DO I TELL THEM SHE DIED--SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

<admin note: Please don't type in all caps... it's hard to read.>

HA

Welcome Hamoor,

Sorry to hear about this difficult situation. Yes, you should tell them. Children need to know that a parent has died. I would consult with an organization that deals with suicide to learn how to tell them and what to expect. Here is a hotline number with trained counsellors who can point you to another resource if they are not able to assist you.

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK, provides access to trained telephone counselors, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

ThatLady

I agree with HeartArt. The right thing to do is to tell the children their mother is dead. Even though they never mention her, you can't know what's in their thoughts.

If she once sent gifts, there might always be that little, niggling thought in the back of their minds that she might make contact again. Knowing that she has passed on will give them closure and allow them to go on with their lives.

I aggree too, it stops any agro later on when they may decide that they want to see her agian. The best person that they could hear it from is you.
Take care

Similar threads

Re: Boyfriends Relationship with Best Friend's Wife You certainly don't want to be a 'significant other' or wife playing second fiddle to someone else, especially anyone disrespectful or controlling. And having a significant other who allows that to go on is not a desirable thing. Hope some resources here can help you to build up your boundaries and strength to make clear what you need and make it a requirement, or to build support and strength to help find your own path and find a healthy...
Replies
Views
Take one day--even one hour--at a time. Do stay with friends and family. Yes, with time, your feelings about this will become less unbearable. They won't go away, but you will be able to steer them, rather than being steered by them.
Replies
Views
You may find the following article informative The key points made in the article: Fear of Losing Someone You Love | Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog - HealthyPlace You may find further insights by reading the entire article. Life is fragile, and any of us can have a unexpected accident or illness that could cut our life short. If you have concerns about the frailty of your wife's health, especially if she would be unable to manage on her own if you were suddenly out of the picture, this might...
Replies
Views
LAWL I am assuming the counselor is a marriage counselor who has seen many divorces... Because (s)he is a division sign? :P
Replies
Views
fabtastic thats what I would like to hear :) I know she is a smart girl with lots of potential.. and people who cheat usually go out of their way to do it, and hide it. She did none of that. I had a father who gave up on me and my mom, cause things were rocky.. I do not wish to be like him.. and breaking up with someone you have been with for 7 years, over a kiss , and the fact she may have a problem is a little crazy. People do make mistakes and it could be worse.
Replies
Views