More threads by NicNak

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Just wondered if after a bad run of depression, if anyone finds they can sleep for days on end.

Although I am feeling much better lately, I am exhausted. I still have downers through out the day and anxiety etc, which is "normal" for me.

I am just finding after I have this depression and it starts to lift a bit, I get more sleepy, or at least I feel more sleepy.

I also wasn't sleeping too good the past month either. Maybe due to the depression.

It happens also after having bad anxiety or a panic attack too. My doctor explained that the nerve endings all go on overload, so it is a full body experience anxiety and panic. So that made sense.

Just never knew a reason for a tiredness post bad depression.

Thanks!

Andy

MVP
When I am depressed I feel like I sleep a lot but I think it is more of a disturbed sleep because I sleep throughout the day as well so then I am not really physically tired at night but my brain says I am tired because of the depression.

So maybe after wards you feel so exhausted because you really are from not getting the proper quality sleep that you should have. :unsure:

Maybe? I know that is similar to what you said...

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Thanks STP. I think you are right, cause when in depressive mode I have nightmares and such too. So it makes sense what you say, maybe I am just playing catch up now that the depression has lifted.

Thanks STP. :support:

Hi NN,:hug:

Feeling sleepy and sleeping after a big sleepless downer is my experience too, your Doctor is right, we use up all our bodily resources during depression, I don't know if whether you eat properly during your big lengthy downers, I know that I don't , this also takes a huge toll on your energy levels. Feeling the need to sleep is your body sending you messages that you need to recuperate by resting and maybe upping your vitamin and mineral intake to restock your general system. I try to take a monthly course of multi vits and minerals when I feel like you do right now, it maybe a placebo effect but it is a way to start caring for and cherishing myself again, Hmmmmm I may take up my own advice .:)
:flowers:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Thanks White Page. Now that I think of it, I was not eating well either. I have well made up for that this week. Good tastey dinners and lunches this week :)

That doesn't seem strange to me at all. I never really kept track of how I felt after a bad bout of depression, but it makes sense. Depression is so hard, and it takes so much out of you! I think one might expect to feel run down for a while.

Glad you're feeling less depressed, btw. I hope you're back to full strength soon!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.