More threads by HA

HA

Family Matters Conference – a mental health conference for families and professionals being presented jointly by SSO and the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario. The Conference will take place May 5-7, 2005 in Niagara Falls Ontario. Conference programs and registration details will be available in January 2005.

I have a PDF Flyer of this conference but don't see a way to add a file here.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
There may be a security vulnerability in the code that allows attachments so it's not implemented here. However, if you email it to me I can post it on the website for download. Or if it's already available on the net, you could post the link here.

HA

Yeah, security issues make sense. This flyer will be available on the Mood Disorders site and the SSO site but they are not there yet it seems. When they are I will post the link.

Thanks

HA

2005 Family Matters Conference

The First Conference of Its Kind

Families & Treatment, Partners in Recovery will bring together up to 300 family members, family mental health support groups, psychiatrists, family doctors and other mental health professionals.

Inspiring program topics include 15 different workshops addressing the following themes, Stigma & Discrimination, Working with Families, The Family Dynamic, Policy & Advocacy, and Innovations & Alternatives.

The 2005 Family Matters Conference will be held in Niagara Falls, Ontario from Thursday May 5th, 2005 until May 7th, 2005. To register, or for a copy of the conference program, please click on the following links below:

Schizophrenia Society of Ontario

Mood Disorders Association of Ontario

Similar threads

Weight Gain Weight Gain One of the best presentations was by the opening plenary speaker, Dr. Suzanne Archie. There were many interesting workshops but this is the one that I will share with you. Dr Archie is psychiatrist on the faculty of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences at McMaster University, Hamilton. She is also director of the Cleghorn Program for Early Intervention in Psychosis and Psychotic Disorders Clinic. Contrary to popular belief, from the start of...
Replies
Views
2005 Family Matters Conference The First Conference of Its Kind Presented by the MDAO & SSO Families & Treatment, Partners in Recovery will bring together up to 300 family members, family mental health support groups, psychiatrists, family doctors and other mental health professionals. Inspiring program topics include 15 different workshops addressing the following themes, Stigma & Discrimination, Working with Families, The Family Dynamic, Policy & Advocacy, and Innovations &...
Replies
Views
Family matters: take 3 SARAH HAMPSON, Globe and Mail October 1, 2007 'The idea of writing a memoir seemed to me to be kind of like sitting at a table in a restaurant after everybody else has ordered the mushroom chèvre omelette and saying, 'Oh, I'll have the same,' " says Rona Maynard, whose sister, Joyce Maynard, and late mother, Fredelle Maynard, have both written memoirs about the family. So she thought carefully about her choices and after much deliberation and resistance, she...
Replies
Views
https://www.therapywithalessio.com/articles/how-to-heal-anxiety-with-ifs-internal-family-systems-therapy ...One of the most difficult parts of psychotherapy, and of change in general, is “doing” and “applying” the lessons that we learn from parts of our Inner System. For example, if your anxious parts are telling you that you should not drink that glass of milk because you are on a new diet, what are you going to do? Are you going to honour what this part is telling you? Or are you going...
Replies
Views
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_Family_Systems_Model Internal Family Systems Model The Internal Family Systems Model (IFS) is an integrative approach to individual psychotherapy developed by Richard C. Schwartz in the 1980s.[1][2] It combines systems thinking with the view that the mind is made up of relatively discrete subpersonalities, each with its own unique viewpoint and qualities. IFS uses family systems theory to understand how these collections of subpersonalities are...
Replies
Views