More threads by sweetbabe

sweetbabe

Hi
I'm a 23 year old female and for the past year I have had a tiredness problem. It wasn't that bad a year ago but gradually with time it has worsened by a lot. I find myself unable to get up for college in mornings (i have morning classes but because of my problem have changed them to afternoon classes for next semester). When I don't have college I sleep in a lot and even around 1 or 2 in the afternoon I have trouble getting up. I often find that my body feels very pysically weak. When I wake up from sleep or taking a nap my body feels too weak that it is hard to get up.

I haven't been working out as much because of this problem of my body feeling weak. I get a lot of sleep in the night, at least 8 hours of sleep. Although I have had this problem for a while I have just recently gotten help for it. I went to a sleep clinic in the hospital and they schedualed me for an overnight sleep study and daytime study. I just got the results but I have to wait until the end of august to see what the results mean. The results didn't really help me too much because I was unable to really understand them.

The thing I noticed that was wrong was that it said I had abnormal sleep architecture. I am struggling with this problem and I'm afraid that when I go back to the hospital they are going to tell me that they think nothing is wrong. I know that something is wrong and it has been affecting my mood, school, my relationships and how my day goes.

Today I was really upset because I slept a lot during the day, not to mention I missed class because I had trouble getting out of bed and eventually fell back to sleep. This problem is really affecting how I feel every day and I feel like I need to be taken more seriously. What if I go to the hospital for my appointment at the end of august and they tell me they think nothing is wrong? I know something is wrong but I'm not sure exactly what.

I'm sick of struggling with it and it's causing me to be depressed. I'm scared this problem is affecting a lot of things in my life and I don't know what exactly is wrong with me. Lately I've been feeling dizzy, throwing up and have been feeling sick to my stomach. So not only is the sleepiness problem a problem with my health but other things have been going on too! But the tiredness problem is really bothering me and I slept most of the day today because of it and missed class.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

MVP
Hi Sweetbabe

I remember reading a thread prior to this one where you were talking with Dr.Baxter and he had suggested you go get your blood work done. Have you done that? In my opinion(and that's all it is, I'm not in the medical profession) this sounds like it could be your thyroid and or you could have anemia or low blood sugar. I have had all three (blood sugar not so much at the moment) and do have problems with anemia and my thyroid now. Both make me absolutely exhausted all the time. I use to run for at least an hour every day and cannot do much of anything at the moment.

Of course it could be something else and if it's something serious it's best to catch it early. If it's not the sleep problem then that is a good thing! That's one thing ruled out, it doesn't mean that you won't get any answers but as Dr. Baxter said getting your blood work done may and probably will give you some answers. Just go in to your doctor and explain the symptoms you have explained here. A little over a year ago I was in the same situation, I couldn't figure out why I was so exhausted and I was having problems getting answers. It can really take a toll on everything.

Lastly, with the new symptoms, is there a chance your pregnant? Just bringing that into consideration as well.

I hope you get into see a doctor asap and can figure out what is going on.:2thumbs: Best of luck.

sweetbabe

Thanks so much for the advice. I will go to the doctors and get some blood work done, I hope it gives me some answers. Dr. Baxters idea to get blood work done was a great idea and thank you for suggesting it as well. I'm so sick of feeling this way and its something that I need to figure out. I feel so tired and weak a lot and its affecting my life. You suggested that you think I could be pregnant because of my new symptoms. I could be pregnant, but I'm not sure. I'm glad that someone can relate to my problem. Thanks again, I will go get my blood work done, hopefully it will give me some answers.

Andy

MVP
Good to hear that your going to get the blood work done. It's better to get everything checked out even if it comes back as nothing, then you have some things ruled out. If your not sure about whether your pregnant or not make sure you mention that as well so he/she can add the urinalysis to your lab req.
It is exhausting being exhausted. I hope you get some answers. :2thumbs:

sweetbabe

I'm glad that i'm going to get the blood work done too. Hopefully it will give me some answers, or like you wrote it will help some things be ruled out. I am really sick of my tiredness problems as well as feeling weak in my body. Thank you so much for your help. This is something that has been bothering me for a while, so I hope to get some answers.

desiderata

I'm no doctor, but I do know that our sleep patterns have cycles. Of course our health, moods, and even the time of season and weather affect these cycles.
If your tiredness is not health related, it sounds like the weakness part may be because your body is starting to atrophy due to lack of basic every-day movement.
See your doctor and take baby steps to break the cycle.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.