More threads by Cat Dancer

I was on Abilify last year in the hospital, but I had the side effect of restlessness. It was pretty severe so my then doctor switched me to Risperdal. Well, recently my now doctor (who didn't know I'd been on Abilify before) asked me if I'd try it and I told her I'd already been on it, but would be willing to try it again. Well, this time I'm not having any side effects. In fact it seems to be helping with the depression. Knock on wood. :)

Has this ever happened to anyone else? You tried a medication a second time and it worked?

Halo

I can't say that it has happened to me but it is very encouraging to hear that it can happen. I have been through numerous meds and to think that trying one a second time may help gives me hope.

ladylore

Account Closed
Not the same meds but I have given anti-depressants another shot and I am glad I did. What your saying is encouraging. :)

Maybe I was taken off the Abilify too fast the first time? It's just weird. I'm on several meds and that is the only one that was changed lately so I'm assuming it's what is helping me feel better.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.