More threads by iam*who*iam

iam*who*iam

I got this book today: It's called Healing Trauma: A Pioneer Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body by Peter A. Levine. It comes with a CD.

I haven't looked at it all yet..but it looks interesting.

It teaches grounding techniques. It focuses on your body experiences and has all these exercises to do.

I will update when I do it, and let you all know what I think.

ladylore

Account Closed
I knew the author sounded familiar. I also have the book 'Waking The Tiger'.

Similar threads

Stress Relief Strategies to Ease Allergy Symptoms -- WebMD When you're all stressed out, your body releases hormones and other chemicals, including histamine, the powerful chemical that leads to allergy symptoms. While stress doesn't actually cause allergies, it can make an allergic reaction worse by increasing the histamine in your bloodstream... Virtually all of the body's systems -- digestive, cardiovascular, immune, and nervous system -- make adjustments in response to stress.
Replies
Views
I am glad I found this and read it again. Just reading about the garden felt soothing,and I am definitely going to get started on mine this week.
Replies
Views
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/head-games/202209/the-8-keys-healing-serious-mental-illness by Vinita Mehta Ph.D., Ed.M. September 29, 2022 Coping responses such as dissociation can be double-edged, they stunt the development of healthy emotion regulation over time. Experiencing trauma often forestalls the development of a positive self-concept. For some, having a mental illness can lead to determination to understand the root of those problems and explore past trauma. What...
Replies
Views