More threads by Thoraxe

Thoraxe

well i dont know how to make a good beginning but i'll get straight to the point I'm posting this because unfortunatley i suffer from this dilemma and thus made me quite anti social. This dilemma has made my life a living hell as my social life is quite dull and on top of that i cant quite get myself to talk to many people and ive started segregating myself from my family. The whole reason why I'm posting this is because i was wondering if anybody out there shares my pain and im wondering if anybody out there has gotten out of this problem before so that they could give a few pointers.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
There's also the YouTube video I posted in the soulmate thread:

YouTube - THIS EMOTIONAL LIFE | Happiness / Intimacy | PBSBTW, Thoraxe, social withdrawal can be a symptom of mental health problems besides shyness or social anxiety, including depression and more generalized anxiety. So that's one reason it's important to get professional help for social withdrawal, besides the fact that cognitive and behavioral therapies can help with socializing more.

Thoraxe

unfortunatly i didn't check that out because i can only access the internet at school but thanks for redirecting me

Yuray

Great video Daniel. If one looks deep enough into Schoppenhauer, you will find that he speaks from experience. He also has an interesting take on the role of women, animal rights, homosexuality, and challenged the other great philosophers veiws quite publically, and to the acclaim of many.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.