More threads by Anahita

Anahita

Hi,
I even do not know why i am writing here. i feel so lonely and too sad. it seems to me that nothing can help me feel ok again.

i have suffered from depression and anxiety for more than 17 years and i have had several psychiatrists and taken different meds in these years. for years docs said i am BPD. but then others said it was wrong and i just have severe anxiety and depression caused by emotional sexual verbal abuses in childhood. also 5 years ago i was stabbed 8 times when i was asleep in my bed but survived anyway and now i have PTSD from that too. i see my psychoanalyst every week and take some meds-less than before.

my doc and i think that i am much better than before yet i cant work and even cant read or have relationships. i am sick and tired of this life.
this week something happened that made my depression much worse. then i realized that it was because of this deep feeling in me : no matter how much you try, you will not be lovely or valuable or worthy. this is what i have discovered during therapy but these days i am much more aware of that and it is really hard to bear... it is killing me to see how much i feel unwanted even after all these years trying to become better. i feel awfully lonely and i even thought about suicide last night.
my mum has always tried so hard to convince me that i am not worthy or adequate enough. she always do it unconsciously. after years of therapy, i know now that she suffers a lot herself and does not know other way to treat me well. so i am less angry at her. but i am too sad when remembering all those moments she and my sisters belittled me( she still does that!) and now i can not accept or see my own worthiness or good things inside. it seems like a dead end. i dont know what to do. just wanna vanish and feel nothing.
i just read an article on this site about attachment disorder and i realized i am too insecure too because i feel strongly that i am unable to control and manage my life.sigh.......
i am not able to soothe myself. i need a hug and warm words but i know that i must soothe myself and i must be able to be my own kind friend and relieve my own pains though i do not know how. i feel so insecure, lonely, scared, unloved, unwanted, ugly.i am ashamed of telling others how i feel. i am 41, yet can not manage my feelings and life.
sorry it is too long and sorry for my poor English. i am not an English native speaker.
i would appreciate any help for low self-esteem and insecurity problems.
Anahita

Hi Anahita i hope that you can walk away from your toxic family It is one way to keep yourself safe ok Put people around you that will increase your self esteem not decrease it.
I am glad you have a good therapist you deserve care and understanding you do

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Welcome Anahita.

I hope that sometime you can learn that the negative thoughts and feelings towards yourself are misplaced... Lots of information here can help you so keep on reading. :) I think you also mentioned seeing doctors and psychiatrists, but remember too that psychologists are often better for teaching skills and new thinking to you and developing a healing partnership with you.

Try to reject the wrong views and bad treatment you receive, and don't give up!

Anahita

i have had several kinds of doctors for my problems: psychiatrists, therapists, psychoanalysts, psychologists... this one seems to be really effective for me now and also affordable! he charges me less than other patients. but thanks for the advice.:)

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Oh that's really good, I'm glad that you know what kind of help is for which purpose, and that you have got someone helpful right now, that's great. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.