More threads by ejh7070

ejh7070

Hello I am Edward. This is my first post on this forum. I just wanted to introduce myself. The reason I came here is I am having some depression issues.

There is so many that I have to list here but some are these.
  • I am depressed about not being able to find work.
  • Not being able to have a meaningful relationship I have never had a date in my life and I am 39 years of age and I am still with no one to have a relationship with.
  • I have some medical issues that are making me depressed like I am not able to hold my #2 parts alot of times I know it is gross but that is why I am depressed.
  • I am also been wanting to go to school college to get a better career but I am depressed since I am not able to afford it. Nor have transportation to the college.
There are many more area's that i am depressed but to many to list.

Thank you for reading my post.

Edward

ejh7070

No I have had seen a doctor for the medical part but the doctor could not find anything wrong with me. It gets embarrassing after awhile when it happens.

and also annoying to.

I am also not being treated at this time for my depression either since I am not able to afford it.

ejh7070

Thanks for the kind words of welcome.

Daniel I will find something soon. Just working towards what all my depression is so I have a plan when i go and see the doctor or whom I get to see.

Retired

Hello Edward and welcome to Psychlinks. It can be very difficult to make the move to seek help when dealing with depression.

Is there someone in your life who can help you make the phone calls to find a resource where you could find treatment?

Finding help can seem overwhelming at first, but taking it one step at a time and building on each call or each success makes the process a little less intimidating.

ejh7070

Well steve I am basically in touch with a psychologist of sorts he is in another town and yesterday before I joined this forum I emailed him some questiions.
i did get a response back from him but since it is a holiday weekend I wont here back from my latest email back to him so tuesday I will find out more.

Hi there ejh7070; welcome! Glad to hear you are searching for some help with your depression.

There are many things that can cause those medical issues, maybe you could get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. I know people with colitis, food allergies, and other problems that make bowel control very challenging and they are embarrassed about it. Some people find that extra fibre helps, others find that food restrictions work, etc...

A chronic medical condition can be very draining, and probably isn't helping your depression at all. If you have trouble digesting things, you may be very malnourished and that can affect how you feel because your body is just not getting what it needs to thrive. It messes with your chemistry in your body and brain. I hope you can figure out what the medical issue is soon.

ejh7070

Thank you steve for looking that up for me. Though free to use clinics I have no way to town since no gas for car.

Though I will find away. I am living back home with my parents again for like the 4 or 5th time and it really stinks.
My stepdad has his own business and right now he is not working due to the economy no one is hiring him for his service.
if he got work I would have something to do also.
and there could be gas to get me to some help.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Hi there ejh7070; welcome! Glad to hear you are searching for some help with your depression.

There are many things that can cause those medical issues, maybe you could get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. I know people with colitis, food allergies, and other problems that make bowel control very challenging and they are embarrassed about it. Some people find that extra fibre helps, others find that food restrictions work, etc...

A chronic medical condition can be very draining, and probably isn't helping your depression at all. If you have trouble digesting things, you may be very malnourished and that can affect how you feel because your body is just not getting what it needs to thrive. It messes with your chemistry in your body and brain. I hope you can figure out what the medical issue is soon.

Thank you jollygreenjellybean Though I have had test done for the medical issue and when the doctor came back he told me that when I eat something it is out of my system in 15 min instead of like everyone elses who has to wait half hour or so or longer. Though he also told me that even though My system is faster I am getting the the nutrients I should be getting I know if I drink water in the morning when I first wake up well I have to run to the bathroom. I also know there is away to get passed this just not have found the right doctor. Right now with no food nor money to buy food I am like eating once aday again the food stamps come on wed so we will eat good then.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
If you can offer to volunteer for them, they may pick you up. I volunteer at a food bank just because it's my father who runs it, and they are always in need of volunteers.

What is more commonly done, however, is that a person asks to be added to the disability list so that someone else -- like an acquaintance who also goes to the food bank -- can pickup their groceries for them. (At my food bank, a doctor's note is required, and one person volunteers to deliver groceries as well.)

The main problem is that it really isn't a lot of food, anyway.

Maybe Google: irritable bowel syndrome....

for example:

Irritable Bowel Disease | DrDahlman.com
Irritable bowel syndrome - PubMed Health

This person and I can go to a restaurant and both have a similar meal. However if it involves pan fries or other meal that was fried in oil (and possibly that restaurant hasn't cleaned or changed it's oil or cooks it too long in the oil) he feels an almost immediate reaction in his abdomen (cramping). He doesn't want to use the washroom at the restaurant (too public for him), so he will want to leave immediately following the meal, and the drive home is very uncomfortable, and will almost not make it.

Does this sound similar to what you have?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.