More threads by northernlights

Hi there,:wave4:

I?m new on here. I?m mum of a teenager with Tourette?s Plus and I live In Scotland, UK. Have also been on the Tourette Canada forum previously.

I decided to join this forum so I can get information and support from others in a similar position. Look forward to talking to you soon.

Best wishes,

Fi

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Welcome to Psychlinks, northernlights. I'm happy you joined us here. :)

We are3 in the process of reorganizing this forum, inclusind the Tourette forums, so any insights or suggestions you care to share would be helpful.

Hi making_art,

Thank you, it’s good to be on board!

Fi:thumbup1:

---------- Post Merged at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Thanks David, if there’s anything that springs to mind I will let you know.:)

Retired

Hello Fi and welcome to Psychlinks! Glad you've found us and feel free to let others looking for Tourette info and support to look in on us here.

In the weeks. months to come, our plan is to build up more Tourette related resources, but in the meantime, we are available to respond to queries and offer support.

Were you looking for some specific information at this time or are you going to look around and "kick the tires" for today?

How is your son and your family doing at this time, Fi?

Hello again Steve:)

It’s good to be on the forum talking to people who understand how life is with Tourette. Thanks for asking about the family. We’re doing fine but some days have been a bit difficult due to the challenges of living with TS and it’s co-morbid conditions.

I visited the site to look up ADHD as my daughter has recently been diagnosed as having this. I just wanted to familiarise myself with the condition and how it can be managed/treated. I’m also hoping to talk to others with experience of ADHD too.

Retired

Hello again Steve:)
I visited the site to look up ADHD as my daughter has recently been diagnosed as having this. I just wanted to familiarise myself with the condition and how it can be managed/treated. I?m also hoping to talk to others with experience of ADHD too.

You may want to subscribe to the mailing list of ADDitude Magazine that also contains a wealth of information about ADD but more importantly they also discuss and provide information on the associated disorders.

ADD, Tourette and OCD are thought to share some common origins in the same region of the brain, as alluded to in this Forum post: Tourette's, OCD, ADHD: Closer Together Than We Thought

Hi Turtle,

Thank you, great to be on here.

Fi :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Thanks Steve, I will have a look into this. Should be very helpful.

Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gary,
Thanks, it’s nice to be among some familiar faces:)

Fi

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Hi forgetmenot,

Thank you:), glad to be joining you all.

Fi

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.