More threads by Auburn

Auburn

Hello to all. It has been awhile since I have been in, but, you are never far from my thoughts, any of you. But, tonite I am feeling somewhat introspective and wanted to give an update on myself. I do it only hoping that it helps even one person. You have all helped me countless times, so I want to hopefully, return the favour.

It was 4 years this past December that Dave, my hubby, and I suffered the trauma that got us this lovely label of PTSD. And I can tell you, this is the first Xmas I actually enjoyed. It wasn't all rainbows and roses, but it was better. In fact, I was so excited to have good moments that I left my Xmas tree up until the beginning of May! I know, crazy, but, at night, I would turn the lights on and it felt good.

Don't get me wrong, there are still days when I can't get the energy to get my butt out of bed, but, there are more good days. More light, more love and less negative. I have started my own small mantra each day, I tell myself that it will be a good day, that I am a good person and that I can make it through today. It might not always work, but I still do it.

I have a wonderful new psychiatrist, and although I chickened out, I am going back on Tuesday. My birthday........great! :)
She has helped me, at least partially, get through all the crap from my own Dad. I know I still have work to do to put him to rest once and for all, but I am damned well determined to get there. I don't need his crap anymore. Funny how the passing of a person really doesn't alleviate the issues, it almost makes it more frustrating. He isn't here for me to face and yell at.
And then we move on to that terrible day. I know it is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done, but, I have to find a way to deal with Dave's dad. I have to. I HAVE TO.

I have been struggling with my busted up back for over a year now, and I know that is a contributing factor to how I feel some days. I don't like feeling useless and I think having too much time on my hands is always touch and go. I hate not being able to work, but, I keep hoping that is going to get better too.

I know it isn't gone, I won't kid myself about that again, but, I am fighting for me, and I intend to keep fighting.
As always, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Thank you for the update, it is great that you have a wonderful psychiatrist to help you as you continue on your journey to wellness.

keep fighting and you will reap the rewards of the good fight.

:hug:

Auburn

Thank you. Even after posting tonite, I feel such a sense of peace, and even my husband mentioned it. He told me I looked lighter somehow. And yes, I do. I think I am going to sleep like a baby tonite, and that I am going to enjoy!
I hope everyone has a good night, and sweet dreams to you all. Much love

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Thank you for letting us know how you're getting on, Auburn. It sounds like you're making really good progress, which is lovely to hear :)

Jazzey

Account Closed
It's so nice to see your name appear here again Auburn. And your post is really inspirational for me. Keep up the great work and I hope to see you here again very soon. :)

(And happy B-day on Tuesday :) )

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.