More threads by IAmStillHere

I have spent 30 minutes, last week, with a psychiatrist who says I sound like I have a personality disorder (NOS = not a specific determined type), but not Biploar II. he says this is based on listening to my personal history (he said he would have his team evaluate me further and have me join therapy, group and individual, for my personality disorder).

he said that he doesn't think I have Bipolar II based on my story, but also because when people are in hypomania, they need less sleep (I always need lots of sleep).

Is is always the case?

boi

I have a diagnoses of a mood disorder moderate. So I get high's and low's but not extreme. I have always wondered about the sleep as well. I always sleep. When I'm hypomanic I just dont sleep well. I wake up many times a night. I do not stay up till all hours of the night. When night hits I dont like staying up. I become light headed and bitchy.

I dunno if its always the case. I have bipolar 1 and when I get manic I hardly sleep at all. I sleep about 3 hours and sometimes not at all...I don't get tired either...but if after not sleeping for a few days get really really bitchy and can't concentrate. My mind is running so fast and I feel so charged up that sleep is impossible...yet my body needs it. There are nights where I do sleep but its full of very vivid dreams and nightmares...and I'll wake up a lot.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.