More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

Ive been screaming out for help with my very low mood and suicidle thoughts and urges, but everyone has given up on me!! So have i, so i can't be angry really!! im sorry i troubled the professionals involved and you guys!! Sincerely!! I have learnt in the last few days that im not worth the paper my name is written on!! Again, i apologise!!:upset::hide:

Lonewolf

I have been discharged from the mental health services because they feel i didn't engage in the treatment!! I was told yesturday!! Just when i needed the support, its whipped away! I am giving up on myself and i thought that the CPN i was seeing would be there to guide me through, like it was last week, but instead, they've given up on me too!! I understand that other people need help, but what did i do wrong? Since i was 15, i have been in care, in supported housing and when i finally got my flat, i had the support and much needed help from the mental health service!! Now im totally alone and don't really see any future!! What is the difference between being emotionally withdrawn and not engaging? First my family disown me, then i get too old to stay with the foster family, then im thrust into a hostel full of heavy drug users and constant police raids, then i move away from there and go into supported housing and was promised a home for life if thats what i wanted and after two years of being settled, the new rule that you can only be there for two years, so i was thrust into independant living in a flat, but i was supported by a psychiatrist, a support worker and a cpn, now i have nothing, all gone within a couple of months!! I think that all boils down to a feeling that everyone i have ever learnt to trust, gives up on me!! You may say that its 'natural progression, but is it? really? My best friend died this year too!! Im so sorry to sound so angry, but to be honest i feel lost, abandoned and very hurt!! There is no one!! I am no one!! All it would take to ppush me over the edge would be an unexpected bill or a nasty letter in the post cos im no use with all tha stuff, it panics me and it petrifies me!! :eek:mg:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Hi... I am very sorry to hear this...

Is there any sort of appeal that you could make to the body that provides your support worker and other care?

Or can you schedule a doctors visit, to tell the situation you will be in if you are unsupported? Write down the situation if you need to, just like you've done here. Including the danger you will be in from your condition.

Maybe there is a way you can get back into the support system, and by speaking to a doctor or service or another body, you may even be referred to a more appropriate service for you?

No one can just be discharged from services how the hell can that be legal If you need support and if it has been given to you for years how can they just take it away. It makes no sense to me. You go back to your doctor to who ever discharged you and you tell them outright that you cannot cope without their help You will do what ever it is that is necessary to keep the support in place

Lonewolf

Im too frightend to try to appeal, on my own!! Im easily intimidated, especially by people in a position of power, so thats just never going to happen!! I don't have the confidence to even ask anyone about other support that maybe available, by myself! I can talk on forums and things like that but I turn to jelly in assessment type situations and i cower in the corner in meetings due experiances while in foster care! I know it was a long time ago, but it still hounds me!! basically im useless!! It takes me ages to trust people and this discharge has reinforced that, ten fold!! :eek:mg:

Get your doctor to call h un then ok hun They should not have that power You take someone with you a counselor a legal aide someone that will stick up for YOU ok
You deserve support hun they have given it to you for years they just cannot leave you stranded that is unethical it is so talk to someone you do trust ok and get the support back hugs

Lonewolf

Im so frightend!!

---------- Post Merged at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:53 PM ----------

my family don't want anything to do with this part of my life at all! Haven't wanted to since i was taken in to care when i was a kid!! So that is not an option!!

You know what hun fear won't get you anywhere ok anger yes it will help short term you have to fight ok you just do not lie down and give up. You get someone to go with you you call you doctor a friend a legal adviser someone to get you your support back.

This is where the mental Health system fails really there should be always a patient advocate that a person can call and get the support they need to help them fight. If you get to a place you feel unsafe hun you call crisis line or go to hospital and tell them you need support system put back in place for you.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.