More threads by making_art

making_art

"I'm thinking about suicide / I want to kill myself"

Youth In BC : Be heard - Get help
December 17, 2011

Thanks for coming. I’m guessing that if you’re here, there’s a good chance that the title of this page is true for you… If so, I can also imagine it wasn’t easy to click. We’re glad that you did.

It’s hard to know exactly what someone is going through when they’re thinking about suicide, but I bet it hurts… a lot. I bet you’ve tried a lot of different things to try and make things better but none of them have worked well enough to get you out of this feeling. Maybe you’ve told someone. Maybe you have been suffering in silence. Either way I imagine that, right now, you’re feeling pretty alone.
In moments like these, it can be hard to reach out to people… What will they say? What will they think of me? But this much is important to know (taken from Metanoia, since they said it so well):

You are not a bad person, or crazy, or weak, or flawed, because you feel suicidal. It might not even mean that you really want to die – it only means that you have more pain than you can cope with right now. If I start piling weights on your shoulders, you will eventually collapse if I add enough weights… no matter how much you want to remain standing. Willpower has nothing to do with it. Of course you would cheer yourself up, if you could.

Would you like to talk about it? If it’s between noon and 1am (Pacific Time), you can chat live with one of our volunteers by clicking the CHAT NOW button at the top-right.

If it’s off-hours or you’d prefer the phone:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.