More threads by Nikonninja

Nikonninja

I understand what lack of hormones can do in terms of physical and mental issues..but studies have shown that adding a small amount of testosterone in addition to regular HRT can boost a menopausal woman's sex drive as well as help deal with physical aspects of menopause.It can be prescribed (kind of under the table in the US) but I have yet to find a doctor here in Canada prescribe it.

Women make androgen naturally in the ovaries,as well as estrogen and when we need relieve in the form of an Hormone replacement,doctors are quick to prescribe either estrogen alone,or a combination of estrogen/progesterone,but why not androgen?

A 1999 study in American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology" recommends the addition of androgen (testosterone) to estrogen to help relieve menopausal symptoms

I am a menopausal woman and dang it I want my testosterone too! Not enough for me to grow a beard mind you,but enough for me to feel like a normal 50 year old woman!

Menopause and Testosterone

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: I want doctors in Canada to prescribe Testosteron to women adjunct to traditional

There are risks with testosterone supplements for both men and women, including increased risks for certain cancers. Not something to be undertaken lightly and the reason doctors are cautious about prescribing it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.