More threads by kelsischanging

Last February I was involved in an incident that left me with PTSD. Now I'm getting out my winter clothes again and I saw the clothes I was wearing that horrible night and I just don't think I can wear them again. Even just holding them brought back bad memories and flashbacks. :( Can that happen or am I just being weird? :confused: I only recently came to accept the fact that I really do have PTSD so this is all so new to me. Thank you for reading!

ladylore

Account Closed
That can happen. Places and things can bring up memories of certain events. Do you need to hang on to the close or can you get rid of them?

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I don't think it is weird. Once in high school the teacher was doing a meditation excercise. At the end she has said there was a room with something in it and leading up to us in our minds going toward it.

In the room, in my mind, there was an outfit what brought back bad memories to me. I had to leave the classroom, I just burst into tears. The incident in this case happened when I was 12. The meditation excercise in high school I was 16.

I had long since thrown out the outfit and thought it was a distant memory, but it came back on me too.

Hope you are ok. :support:

I can get rid of the clothes but I think what is making this so hard is that up until this point I didn't really believe that I had PTSD, but this makes it feel real to me and I hate it.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.