More threads by Curious

Curious

Some days I am happy then other days I am emotional. Like others I love the happy days but hate the emotional days. I know one cannot be happy twenty fours a day every day. I understand what being upset means to me, I hate it. Why questions the questions about it, you just get angrier. At seventy two I think of dying and wonder if maybe that's better than suffering here on this planet? No suicide, involved just close one eyes and drift away to maybe heaven. My wife has cancer and that alone troubles me greatly.

She is holding her own well right now. But the thought of being without her bothers me greatly. As you can see there is always something troubling us. high strung

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Emotions and suffering really are hard Highstrung, or seeing a loved one suffer. That's for sure. Life is full of all kinds of different emotions for all of us.

One thing that I know is useful is, when the difficult emotions come, it's good to take some deep breaths and have an attitude of kindness and compassion to your emotions.

Say to yourself, "I understand. It's OK to feel this way. I'm here for you."

And crying can be good if you feel like it.

By having this kindness towards the emotions, it may let the feelings flow through us easier, and then feel better again a little sooner.

Sometimes people are confused about emotions - they think emotions are wrong or bad to have.

This is not true. Of course it is good to try to take care with what we DO about our emotions...... Like starting a physical fight or something, it is not likely that this is a good thing to DO about our emotion. But that doesn't mean that the actual emotion is wrong, or bad, or something to be ashamed of or worry about too
much.

Emotions are the type of thing where if we be accepting of them and kind to them, they just flow through us easier and then flow away again a bit easier, and they become easier to cope with next time. So that's why being accepting and kind towards the emotion, and ourself having the emotion, is a good goal. It gradually makes the emotions easier to live with, and in time it can help us to have more pleasant emotions and less unpleasant ones.

It's good expressing things in words and talking on the forum like you have been as well. :) You will continue to learn more and feel supported that way. :)

Last edited:

Curious

Thank you, I write in a Creative Writing class and that helps greatly. good idea I will try that. high strung

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.