More threads by H011yHawkJ311yBean

Hi everyone! Sorry I have been away so long! It’s nice to be back again with the people who really “get” me!

It’s a long story and it’s been a long day with some panic attacks, so I’m just gonna relax this evening. My psychiatrist spoke with C.O.A.S.T. and they’re going to call me sometime tomorrow to help me figure out a path toward goals.

It’s good to be back!

Hi good to hear from you again and to hear that you have support to help you with your goals. Sorry you are having panic attacks and hope that you can get some relaxation time tonight .

GaryQ

MVP
Welcome back!
I've stumbled across (and appreciated) many of your posts since I've been on the forum.
Hope the panic attacks subside.

Thank you, Dr. Baxter! Good to see you! And thanks for helping me get back into the forum, too! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey! ForgetMeNot! Awesome to see you!

Yes, Monday was a doozy. COAST gave me a call today (Tuesday) and a nice lady named Louise talked with me for a bit. I felt a lot better after that phone call. And tomorrow I see my psychologist...

How are you doing lately? 😃

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you GaryQ!

Nice to meet you! 😃 Ah, yes, you came across some of my ramblings, eh? 😄

Hopefully the ones you read were helpful and not just the long blathery epic novels that I’d lose focus on and follow several subject-rabbits down several tangent-holes.

I found out something surprising about myself in the spring of 2018 that will probably make everyone here who knows me go, “Oooooh! Well now it all makes sense!!!” 😉

Hi HollyHawk :)
I don't think we ever spoke much when you were here previously, but welcome back.
Glad to hear that the call was helpful :up:

So, peeps! Guess what I was tested for in the spring of 2018?

***HINT***
Recall, if you will, my long rambles; my lack of awareness of how I’m probably perceived despite the occasions people sometimes told me to cool my jets/gave me needed advice; my ability to stay super duper focused on some topics/people (if I was annoying/making anyone uncomfortable I deeply apologize); and conversely (not sure if this was noticed but it probably was) when posting my topic would be all over the place from left field to tangent city; likely I’d talk about certain topics even though, seriously, how did I become an authority on something just by reading a couple dozen websites on it?

I suppose there are SOME good attributes of my posts/comments, occasionally, as Mr. Q pointed out... But I’m acutely aware of my shortcomings (even though sometimes I am NOT, as I mentioned)... Uhhh... Okay, time for me to be quiet... Time for you to guess...

You can answer seriously, wildly, or with humour. I promise that I will not get mad.

Aaaaand... GO!

- - - Updated - - -
GOOOOBLAX! I believe we may have commented on a few posts together in the last... Despite having a colander for a skull, I most certainly DO remember you! You’re another “One Of The Good Ones!”

Nice to see ya! How ya been? ��

GaryQ

MVP
From your description sounds like a shot of good old highly (dis)functional ADHD with an emphasis on both the AD and HD to me ;)

Yet I have the feeling that’s not what the test was for :D

Thanks HollyHawk.
I'm not comfortable with guessing, but I hope that the outsome of the test was something that led to you feeling understood and /or gaining insight into something that's been troubling you (plus access to resources to help deal with it).

Thanks for your participation and I understand why others chose not to guess... It’s all good!

For those who guessed ADHD:
*DING-DING-DING-DING-DING*

Yes, right on the nose!

Well, not too sure on the severity... Something something about 14 “risk factors” when not taking Vyvanse 50mg, and it was cut down to 7 risk factors when I WAS taking Vyvanse.

I was originally put on 60 mg but I was swinging from the rafters and lost 10 lbs from running around constantly. I requested to go down a notch to 50 mg. Seems easier on me AND other people! 😄

Not to mention, previously before I was put on Vyvanse, I had been put on an other other ADHD med for two years and when I was tested on THAT one (Concerta, I think), I still had 14 “risk factors” but just different ones or differently balanced one. So THOSE are a couple of years I wish I could take back ... 😑

Don’t get me wrong! Different meds work differently/just fine for different individuals. Just so happens that Vyvanse seems to be a better fit for me...

- - - Updated - - -

GaryQ: Yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Gooblax, it’s all good. The results didn’t shock me exactly... I felt so stupid about not being able to follow seemingly simple instructions no matter how many times they were repeated to me. Now at least I don’t feel stupid. Much 🥳

- - - Updated - - -

ForgetMeNot: Mania as in the BiPolar kind, or can a person have just the mania?

My doctor didn’t think I had that, but I’m on an anti-anxiety med & an anti-depression med... I do have an aunt who is BiPolar, but I think mostly our family deals with anxiety...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.