More threads by Lonewolf

Lonewolf

I apologise before I even start with this thread! I must be one of the most problematic and miserable people most of you have had the misfortune to have ever met! And I am very sorry!!
Here i go (again!)
My best mate died a few years ago and I really believed I was beginning to accept that he had gone and that I was never going to see him again! For a long time I have found it so difficult to be convinced that he hadn't just moved away or was just fed up with me and legged it as far away from me as he could! I did go to his funeral, but it seemed so surreal and I wasn't convinced it was him inside the coffin!
To cut a long story short, I saw a guy about 2 days ago and I could have sworn it was him! Same dress sense, same walk and even the same hair cut as my mate had!!
This has given me a severe jult and along with all the other rubbish happening, I could have done without it!!
How long does it take for a close friend's death to actually sink in, even in the thickest of heads? Is it me?
I did warn you guys!!
Sorry! :(

No, it isn't you. I think what happened is totally normal and happens a lot when someone loses a friend/loved one. My best friend died in 1997 and I still sometimes think about calling her and then it hits me, she's gone. My aunt passed away in 2004 and I still sometimes think I see her out in a store. Then I remember. I'm not trying to be depressing or anything, but just trying to let you know it's something that happens to a lot of people. Death is hard to accept. When you can ever get to therapy it would probably help to talk about it there. Talk about it here too. Don't be sorry for posting either. It's ok. :)

Lonewolf

I'm having one of those times when I feel like in the way of everyone, including myself! I feel awkward with other people at the moment! I'm not really sure why?
Thanks for your reply lol!! Its good to know that some of my strange emotions, are not so strange after all!! :(

I think it is normal that sometimes the ones that pass we see out of nowhere then realize no it cannot be them I often seem my brother swear it is him but i know it can't be and yes one get that jolt of sadness in them again I am sorry you are missing your friend hun hugs to you

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.