More threads by bluecollarjock

Hi,
I've had an interest in mind-body medicine, spirituality, mindfulness, and meditation for about 20 years. I have used various tools as an athlete, coach, police officer and police trainer. I am a medically retired police officer (patrol, SWAT, Peer Support Critical Incident, police academy instructor), former Division One strength and conditioning coach, and used to do a lot of athletic ministry. I have an MS in forensic science and am almost done with an MS in sport psychology.

I would like to pursue a counseling degree in the future, probably a masters just because of my age. Due to costs though I am not sure, as I already owe on the other two masters! I wish I could go back and do a counseling masters that led to a license instead of sport psychology but oh well. If I could find funding for a masters in counseling or PsyD I would be all over it. I would especially be interested in any programs who had professors who might have an interest in mindfulness and meditation.

Once I finish this masters I look forward to exploring some of the opportunities in LA like checking out the sessions at UCLA's MARC program, LA Zen Center, and doing neurofeedback with one of my doctors in the area which was really beneficial after getting medically retired. As well look into more retreats, Catholic and Buddhist retreats that focus on meditation and mindfulness in California.

Well thats my story in a nutshell!

Cheers,
Matt

AmZ

Welcome ;)

Sounds great Matt. You have a wealth of knowledge and life experiences that only I could wish for!

Good luck in taking your next step in life.

Be seeing you around. ;)

Welcome ;)

Sounds great Matt. You have a wealth of knowledge and life experiences that only I could wish for!

Good luck in taking your next step in life.

Be seeing you around. ;)

Thank you. Hopefully I get comfortable surfing around here which will get me involved more. I do not have a local community of fellowship in any mindfulness, meditation, or spiritual practice so its easier to slip. Usually when I have a community involved with a particular lifestyle or interest, keeps the momentum going a little better!

Katieann

Wow... what a great education you have... with the experiences you've had too... a big welcome
and I'm sure you'll find this "neighbourhood" both friendly and interesting...

Katieann:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.