More threads by gooblax

Hiya everyone,

This project has apparently been going on for a long while, but it's the first I've heard of it so I wanted to share it just in case.

The KEO satellite is currently scheduled to be launched in 2014*, orbit Earth for 50000 years, then return to Earth so that time capsule messages can be discovered by the planet's inhabitants. Anyone can write and submit a message to be included on the satellite here -> Your message

The current message deadline is 31 DECEMBER 2013.

*Multiple project delays have kept pushing the message deadlines and launch schedules back, but here's hoping things work out for 2014.

GDPR

GDPR
I have never heard about this before.

Very cool though.Are you going to submit a message?I wish I had known about this sooner,it's kind of hard to know what to say with the deadline being tomorrow.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Gooblax, WOW! Thankyou for posting this. I just had an amazing time making a message and thinking deep and gushy thoughts. Wow, it changed my whole outlook at the moment. :)

I might even post my message later.... Hmm... Maybe. I'll think about it. :)

What about anyone else? Maybe I will if you will. Or maybe just some excerpts. haha... :D

I just sent mine then. It took me hours to figure out what to write, and in the end I just described some things about my life now and compared it to how I imagine it would be different in the future. Of course, my imagined scenarios probably only took me 1 or 2 thousand years ahead, but never mind :p

LIT - you should totally write a message, even if it's just a short "Hello" :) It is tricky to figure out what to say, but maybe they'll extend the deadline again which would give some more time (it's been going on since 2003 or so).

Jo - I'm glad you had a good time writing your message :) Haha yeah, maybe I'll share some of it later :lol:

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
The more I think about my message, the more daggy it seems, and the more I think: No way, I ain't sharin'. :D hahaha.

It was so interesting thinking about it and speculating about the distant future though, and I got some other people interested in it and had some interesting converstations! Very cool....

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.