More threads by Retired

Retired

Lithium is used for the treatment of manic/depressive (bipolar) and depressive disorders. Lithium interferes with the synthesis and reuptake of chemical messengers by which nerves communicate with each other (neurotransmitters). It also affects the concentrations of tryptophan and serotonin in the brain, as well as increases the production of white blood cells in the bone marrow.

It is important to be aware of the drug interactions related to lithium, as well as common side effects on the user

An overview of lithium can be seen HERE where dosing, side effects and drug interactions are described.

Miette

I know this is an old post, but thanks for posting this info. I realized that lithium could cause hypothyroidism, but I didn't realise I could get a goiter as well (1/25 chance!!!). Let's hope I'm not one of the "lucky" ones.

I find that my fine hand tremor becomes almost unbearable after a cup of coffee, to the point that I can't work for a while. But still, I just can't give up the coffee in the morning!

Retired

I know this is an old post

Miette,

One of the features of an online Forum is that the date of a posting matters not; but are retained on the board until a member has interest in the topic, which is then re generated.

Thanks for your comments, and one has to wonder of the hand tremor you refer to might be associated with caffeine.

Miette

One of the features of an online Forum is that the date of a posting matters not

I've been on forums where people get annoyed when old posts are brought up, and I wasn't sure if that was the case here. Thanks, I'm glad it isn't!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.