More threads by texasgirl

My mama passed away last week from colon cancer at my house. I was very lucky to get to sleep with her every nite even when she could no longer talk. It was special to get to take care of her. Hospice brought the medicine so I was able with my husband's help to keep down her pain. We talked about heaven and the angels who would help her. She was reaching out and pointing up many times and I told her that she could see her mama soon. She called me mama at the end which was so touching. I will miss her very much and I can't move her nightgown from the laundry room. It's like it's a piece of her still there. I want her back but I am so glad she's out of pain. The funeral was sad but really good. All the kids put their little toys in with her. I am just very sad. And tired.

Tg:(

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I am so sorry to hear this, TexasGirl. My sincere condolences.

I lost one of my brothers to colon cancer a year and a half ago. Such a dreadful disease. :(

Retired

I'd like to offer my condolences for your loss, TexasGirl. It sounds like you had a special gift to share some very special moments with your Mother.

In time the pain of your loss should pass, but the memories of those treasured moments you spent together will remain with you forever.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
So sorry to hear of your loss. How lucky your mama was to have you look after her; you're a kind compassionate woman.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
So sorry TexasGirl.

What wonderful care and attention you were able to show her. She really felt it.

We will be thinking of you.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.