More threads by Simeon

Simeon

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about seizures and marijuana. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Banned

Banned
Hi Simeon,

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't done a tonne of research on medical marijuana for the issues you describe but I've done some. What we do know is that it in fact makes anxiety worse over time, not better, contrary to popular belief.

I have bipolar disorder and my psychiatrist would not approve it because it has not been shown to have any clinical efficacy in treating the symptoms of bipolar and can actually induce psychosis in people with bipolar disorder.

The cannabis clinic I looked into recommended that if I was approved, I would need a strain very high in cannabinoids and with almost no THC to derive any potential benefit. However, as previously stated, the risks are greater than the potential benefits in my case.

I would strongly suggest consulting with a medical professional like your doctor or psychiatrist to get their opinion on the matter. The marijuana clinics will tell you it can fix / help / cure / solve / treat almost anything but that's not the case. While we do know it has potential benefits in some situations such as pain relief, there is still much, much to be learned about cannabis.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.