More threads by Daniel E.

I tried to reach out yesterday took me 6 tries to finally let the phone ring through to a crisis line.

NO ONE answered it kept ringing no one answered

It is ok though because i am not sure if i could have spoken anyways.

It was hard because it just reinforced my belief that no one is there not when one truly needs the help.

I know this is probable just an incident but i must say it was so hard to reach out and not have anyone answer.

It is hard to distinguish between wanting the pain to end or wanting to just end it all when one is so overwhelmed

Left msg with therapist but i will see him Friday he was away when i called. The intensity of the pain does diminsh just had to cope that all for awhile until it did decreased

Harebells

So sorry you had that experience forgetmenot - that you were in need of a crisis helpline in the first place and then that there was no one there to catch you when you did reach out. I can relate too, that it can feel so hard to actually speak. In an ideal world there would be someone physically present, to be in the room with you and it wouldn't matter if you could speak or not, they could just sit with you.I'm sorry I'm not feeling that articulate and I don't know what to say to help and I do know that when you feel so bad and you try to get help and it's not there that feels like a permanent truth to you in that moment. I hope you're feeling better and that you'll have a better experience if you need help again. I hope it goes well with your therapist. You're not alone, even though it might feel that way sometimes.

GaryQ

MVP
Forgetmenot, we forgetYOUnot,

So sorry to hear you are going though a rough time and not get someone on the line. It must have been even harder to deal with what you're going though.

This is the hardest part of being highly sensitive and emotional and also being on a forum like this. We grow attached and care for people we don't know personally but have a common bond and a strong desire to support and encourage each other especially in times of crisis. I don't like "clich?s" because we all know them all. They don't take the pain away and our mind can be in such a dark place that it doesn't hear or want to hear them. Sometimes they actually make us angrier wanting to shout out "I'm overwhelmed, I'm hurting like it's not possible BUT I'm not retarded, I know all the bubble gum phrases, I don't need to hear them. I can preach them all myself"

It does sound hypocritical and ironic for someone that has thought about and attempted suicide more than once for most of his life to say;
"Hold on tight, the sun will come out again after the storm" It seems like it never will but as I'm sure you know, it does come back out and we want you to hold on to that though dearly.

We're here whenever you need to chat and can't get help and there's always PM for stuff that's too hard to post publically. You are never alone!
Glad it has calmed down a bit and you can hold on till you see your therapist Friday.
Gary
P.S. Message is valid for anyone and everyone.

GaryQ

MVP
Regarding the original post although I appreciate the intent of the person that created the video and Daniel for posting it, It seems like everyone is using this method now using cards or post-it notes but for me it only brings back the sad memory of Amanda Todd's suicide. This was her way of expressing her pain and despair before taking her life. Sorry if I seem a bit overly sensitive on the subject.

Nothing personal Daniel. I know your intention was good

Gary

Thanks everyone i am more calm today still very on edge though you know but not needing to reach out thanks for your support and understanding

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.