More threads by Thelostchild

Would you consider a headache or migrain that re occuing a medical issue or medical condition. Becaue Ive ben getting headaches everyday my migrains are occuring more frequently

Re: Migrain headaches

Hi thelostchild ,
I am sorry you have this pain .
Certainly it is something you should see your doctor about , the causes could be multiple , anything from stress, food/ medication allergy or an eye problem . If you are getting them everyday , I certainly would see a doctor as soon as possible
take care wp

Sparrow

Hello TLC,

It's good to hear from you again.
About the migraines, Medical issues, conditions, or labels.

Stick with your family doctor as a starting point.

Especially if they have become more frequent.
I suffer from migraines only 5 - 6 times a year but I'll spare you the details.
However, I stay away, yet aware of what may "rebound" it in my case.

Search it here on PL's TLC.
I even mentioned the imitrex that helps me somewhere.

Peace and Love.

:budgie:

Retired

TLC,

You may know that migraine is a very specific type of neurological disorder which happens to include headache as one of the possible symptoms.

There are numerous causes for headache, including muscle tension caused by stress, headaches from diet, exposure to sunlight, food sensitivity and so on.

Have a look at the Psychlinks section on headache and migraine for additional insights HERE

and specifically this post and this other post, which outline the features of migraine

Migraine is treatable, but needs to be diagnosed correctly by your doctor, and sometimes a neurologist. You may be asked to keep a log of your headaches over a period of months to establish the triggers and effectiveness of any medications you might be using.

Migraine does not respond well to over the counter pain relievers such as aspirin, Tylenol or ibuprofen (Advil etc) over the long term and can even make them worse.

If your doctor diagnoses migraine, there are medications specific for migraine that actually abort the migraine attack. These medications belong to a class of medications called "triptans".

momof5

This is just a suggestion, and something that we deal with here. Check your food ingredients for monosodium glutemate. In some people it can cause severe headaches.

Also, blu cheese dressing, rich foods, cheeses are some of the things that can trigger migraines.

When you keep a log as suggested, keep that log with food items that you have ingested during the day. I'm not sure what the time frame is, I think it is 72 hours after you eat something that could trigger a migraine that one comes on.

I can't even touch a drop of blu cheese dressing (which is my favorite of all!) I will get a migraine that is so bad that I am in the emergency room to be treated with it.

As stated above there are so many causes, muscle spasams can cause them if you have neck, or shoulder issues. Back problems, Food allergies, stress. I'm sure that list could go on and on.

I pray that you will feel better soon with these as I know how dibilitating they can be.

Take care of yourself.
Mom

Sparrow

Of course it's a given to have a really good doctor to start with.
The food or additives are certainly very real as are other triggers.
A nephew of mine can not eat chocolate since he was small or he gets migraines.
I only started getting migraines after I snapped my neck in an accident 30 years ago. My trigger is always severe weather esp. humidity.
Thought I'd mention something before the triptans that helps me now.
Perhaps the shot in the hospital mentioned earlier? Mine was a Cortisone Stellate (Nerve Block). Worked great (thank god!) but that was when it was full blown at 3 a.m.
I'll mention some other things that helped me in the past though? Understand this was just little old me.
If caught early enough before hand, 3 - 4 extra strength acetaminophen with 2 quick cups of strong coffee (no caffiene withdrawal here either).
Here's another trick. Again, if caught early (or late). I would jump in my shower and vigorously massage my scalp, head, neck and arteries with the hottest water I could stand. Sounds crazy I know, but it worked for me.
Here's something else really weird. If I can sleep for even 10 -15 minutes? It's GONE, and I'm left with the "afterglow"

:crazy::budgie:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.